Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - this is a call to action

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone’s heart went out to Ard, knowing how much the brothers were bonded with one another. He couldn’t even begin to imagine what the other stallion was feeling in this moment, but he could tell just based on his expressions and body language that he was hurting. That hurt spoke to the softness in Rhone, the softness that came from his own mother. He hated feeling such emotion as this, but he cannot help the way he feels so freely. Such emotion is dangerous for a soldier, so it is a good thing he is no soldier.

His offer to help is heard, by everyone it seemed. He was no soldier, no battle ready body. He was a simple man, a relatively peaceful man. But he knew when it was time to step up to the plate and be the friend he was, the friend he knew Erd and Ard needed to him to be. He did not expect some fancy mission, so he was thrilled when their own battle champion asked for his help in the markets. He nods his head to her, letting her know he had heard her request. "I will start my search immediately." Even though he had assured Asterion that he would rebuild Terrastella with his magic, he felt as though this was more important. There was a part of him that knew Asterion would understand.

He listens to the conversation between the soldiers, feeling out of place. And yet, he still feels as though this is where he is meant to be, by Ard’s side in his time of need. There is a pressing need to stay, even though he has been order to travel to Denocte to search the markets. And when Ard’s eyes rested on his own, Rhone offered the male a soft smile, a soothing ounce of affection.

There was a softness to Ard’s eyes tonight, something that was not present there before. But before he could think much more on the matter, he is graced with an explanation to unasked questions. He stepped towards Ard, wanting to reach out and give him a stroke of affection to show that he held nothing against him, but he paused, unsure if the touch would be wanted. "There is no apology needed, you were justified. I was new. It is good to be weary of strangers." When they had met along the seaside, Rhone had been new, never really made himself known here. It was right for Ard to be suspicious.

But then the mood changed, no longer was the look in Ard’s eyes apologetic, it was desperation. At his request to help, Rhone offered a nod and a smile. "I promise you, Ard. I will not stop looking until he is found." He would not give up. He would search every inch of Novus if he had to. He would not let Ard down.

At Ard’s insistence that he would leave, Rhone took another step closer to him. "Ard, come with me to the markets. You and I can search together while they search here at home." His words were soft, soothing, and held a promise of hope. He would help his friend (even if Ard didn’t have the same feelings about their relationship with one another) to the best of his abilities. He would not let Ard down, he couldn’t.

@Ard @Theodosia @Marisol

Messages In This Thread
this is a call to action - by Ard - 05-13-2019, 06:43 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Theodosia - 05-13-2019, 09:05 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Marisol - 05-13-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Ard - 05-13-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Rhone - 05-15-2019, 05:24 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Theodosia - 05-19-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Marisol - 06-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: this is a call to action - by Ard - 06-24-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Rhone - 06-28-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: this is a call to action - by Theodosia - 07-04-2019, 01:19 PM