Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't you worry child.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 79 — Threads: 19
Signos: 440
Inactive Character

BE BOLD, BE BOLD
BUT NOT TOO BOLD

She looks a bit uncomfortable, and it occurs to him that her reaction probably makes sense. He’s a strange man, considerably taller than her and in possession of a pair of rather pointy antlers, and she seems to be both lost and new to the area, which is enough to put most anyone on edge in the first place. (Septimus is simply used to finding himself in places where he isn’t supposed to be or didn’t intend to end up, and he never really learned the virtues of mortal caution and fear anyways.) He tries to relax, in hopes that his behavior will soothe her, and continues to fix her with his most pleasant, genuine expression, letting his gaze linger on her vivid green eyes, far brighter and paler than his own – they reminded him of the first growth of the year, in the earliest moments of spring.

“Yes, I think I’d like that.” Her response comes very politely, like he might expect from a woman of her regal bearing, but she is quick to avert her gaze, as though she’s a bit afraid of him; he tilts his head and aims to meet her eyes, expression warm. “I think I need a bed,” she adds, a moment later, her gaze still trained on the floor; he is reminded of how tired she looks, and he wonders how long she’s been wandering fruitlessly.

“I think I can guide you to an inn, if that’s what you’re looking for,” he offers, letting his gaze sweep her frame; she is certainly drooping. “I’ve passed a few on the way. I’m not a native, so I don’t know their reputation, of course, but some of them looked quite nice, for a few nights…” He hasn’t been staying in an inn, unfortunately. (Or fortunately. The den of criminals, gamblers, and, bizarrely enough, researchers – though not necessarily the most ethical kind – was probably not the safest place to stay, or the cleanest for his conscience, but Septimus was half-fae, so he didn’t find it too troubling, and they had information that would be hard to come across elsewhere.) That isn’t to say he hasn’t seen other accommodations, however, and he’d be more than happy to guide her, even though he’d rather be looking for the library.

Her next words catch him off-guard. “Do you have any idea how to get out of this place? It’s so…loud.” She sighs, then adds, “I miss sunshine and blooming flowers.” She looks up at him again, with those pretty green eyes, and he meets her gaze evenly. Well, well, well – a kindred spirit. He hadn’t expected it, but he was pleased to find one here, among all the polished stone and stained glass.

“I certainly understand that, Miss – and this city is a labyrinth. I haven’t felt safe leaving yet, with what little I know of the land, so I haven’t ventured out yet…but I know where the gates are, if you’d like me to take you there,” he says, and flashes her a smile that – unintentionally – shows his long, pointed teeth. “I grew up in a forest, and I spend my time travelling, researching plants and animals; I’m a naturalist, if you will. I’ve never liked cities, but I…” He gives an awkward laugh, hoping that it will be enough to make his newfound companion a bit more comfortable. “I didn’t actually intend to fall into Novus; one of my spells misfired, and I haven’t gotten my bearings. I’m Septimus – who are you?”

@Cassilyn || she's a cutie <3 

"Speech!" 

@

AND RARELY, IF THE WOOD ACCEPTS THE BLADE WITHOUT CONDITIONS
the two pieces keep their balance in spite of the blow

please tag Septimus! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
Don't you worry child. - by Cassilyn - 05-14-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: Don't you worry child. - by Septimus - 05-15-2019, 04:55 PM
RE: Don't you worry child. - by Cassilyn - 05-17-2019, 10:07 PM
RE: Don't you worry child. - by Septimus - 06-19-2019, 08:04 PM