Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - lead me out into the light

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Samaira waits with patience and a gentle smile as Florentine sorts through her emotions. They are ones that she can understand all too well, having been prevented from flying her entire life and then finally coming to a world where she was free too only to be injured. This is why the earthen woman is determined to do whatever she can to help the other mare. What use are wings to a pegasus, if they cannot use them?

“Oh, well, I was set on the path of healing by one of the doctors here at the hospital,” she says, and then glances at Alaunus who has since made his way over from the window to the two equines, “But when Alaunus and I found each other, he healed what was left of the injury.”

“His abilities are quite remarkable, really.” Alaunus fluffs his feathers and stands a little taller at the praise, though he is already quite the large avian. His soft blue eyes appraise Florentine as Samaira begins to undo the wrappings about the golden woman’s barrel. “It’s no worry, you’d be surprised the kinds of muck equines track into here from the swamp,” Samaira says with a small laugh.

With the bandage undone and discarged, she stands back to allow Florentine room to move the wing through its full range of motions. When she confesses her expectancy, Samaira’s expression grows warmer. “I promise, we will do everything in our abilities to help you, you have nothing to worry about. By my honor, you will fly with your children when they are ready.”

It is a big promise, but one that Samaira feels sure in making. Perhaps, if it was only her working on the wing the task would be almost impossible, but with Alaunus to help her, it will be much easier. “Alaunus, would you alleviate her discomfort so that I can do a physical assessment?” she says, turning toward her bonded with bright silver eyes. The shimmering white heron simply nods and steps closer to Florentine, gently splaying the feathers of one wing over hers.

While there is no outward indication of his magic, it doesn’t take him long to finish and to take off out the window and into the forest. “He will return soon, he is simply ridding himself of the ailment,” Samaira explains as she steps closer and begins to very gently run her tele over the wing. “Let me know if anything I do hurts you immediately, okay?”

It’s easy to see the difficulty of this job, and that is that the wing has been long healed in this twisted, broken postition. The injury is quite old, which means that the bones will have to be reset before the true healing can be done. It always gets worse before it gets better, unfortunately. But, they have a path forward, and if she can reset the bones properly then Alaunus could begin a regimen of healing over the next couple of weeks to speed up the process.

There’s a flurry a wing beats behind her and she turns to see Alaunus re-entering the room. Samaira takes a step back and he comes to a rest at her side. She meets her bondeds gaze. “It might be the most difficult task we’ve taken on,” she says to him, “But I think we can do it, and as a team we are better.”

Alaunus, to his credit, is very wise for being such a young bird, and though normally very talkative seems to understand the weight of this situation. “I trust your judgement on this, and I will do whatever you need of me to help her,” he says, and she knows he would smile if he were capable of it. “Thank you, Alaunus,” Samaira gently brushes her muzzle against her bonded’s forehead before turning back to Florentine.

Her smile means good things.

“I do think that we can help you. It won’t be quick and easy, but we will be there with you every step of the way.” She can only hope that Florentine will be ready for the road ahead, and if so they will start immediately.

"Speaking."

@Florentine <3
credits

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
lead me out into the light - by Samaira - 05-21-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: lead me out into the light - by Florentine - 07-25-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: lead me out into the light - by Samaira - 08-18-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: lead me out into the light - by Florentine - 09-20-2019, 05:24 AM
RE: lead me out into the light - by Samaira - 09-21-2019, 02:22 PM