Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - let the waves up and take me down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

There was something about the beauty of the lake that drew her here time and time again. The way the moonlight reflected off the calm waters called to her. Perhaps it was the kelpie living within her that found solace in the beauty of the lake. Perhaps it is what calls her here on this particular evening.

With so much that has happened, it has offered Katniss a moment to think and reflect, to try and decide what life had in store for her. She had come to Novus to be the defender of Denocte and yet, she found herself troubled. She was missing something in her life, a something that was a mystery to her until she found Metaphor.

Her life with the sorrel stallion was nothing short of perfect. Their meeting here was chance, but Katniss wanted to hope it was her love that drew him here. She wanted to believe that all that longing and yearning had carried him here when The Rift had pulled them apart. Their love story was nothing short of fate and beauty, it was something that should be cherished and cultivated. Such a love was hard to find, especially for someone like Katniss who was a plain, ordinary soldier just hoping to make her mark on the battlefield. But she had found love unexpectedly and even though she had tried not to feel the pull of love, it had pulled her and held her captive against her wishes. It was time that she surrendered herself to love.

Eyes look to the sky, the harpy eagle souring high above her. She smiles at him, her eyes soft and her heart full. Never had she imagined that a bird would be her companion in battle, the one true friend that she could rely so heavily on. “Finnick, find Isra and ask her to come to me. I have an important request of her.” She does not demand the attention of her queen, only asks it of her. If she was going to surrender herself to the feelings that were swelling within her chest, she needed the approval of her queen.

As she watches Finnick head on his mission, Katniss takes to the lake. Her steps are slow and deliberate, her body slipping into the water without making even a single ripple. And as the water begins to overtake her, she can feel her new magic taking hold. The way it courses through her veins is new and exciting and she cannot wait to see what it can do. As she descends into the abyss, she changes the cells of her lungs and skin, sprouting functional gills. She misses being able to breathe beneath the water, so perhaps this was just what she needed. And as the water rushes over her gills, she can feel the oxygen flow through her. It makes her feel alive. And as she waits for Isra, she stays beneath the surface of the water, enjoying the moment of absolute peace and solitude.

@Isra

Messages In This Thread
let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM