Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - let the waves up and take me down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

"and my roots will set off

to seek another land”
 Isra is laying beneath Fable's wing when the eagle finds her. There is a story on her lips of brave children, lion and dragons making the air between the dragon and the unicorn heavy with wonder. The meadow beneath them is plush with daisies and a shine that danced in the sunlight like nothing in this world should. Silver-dust is sweet on her tongue when the breeze carries it away instead of pollen. Isra almost wonders what strange flowers will bloom from those hard, metal seeds before reality falls heavy again on her thoughts.

But there are two small stars in her that kick and lurch for the magic to come back. Fable drops his nose to gently press against her belly. The lurching stops and Isra sighs, content even as the story fades away to nothing in the wind.

Finnick dives down close by Isra instantly snaps to attention, her heavy body still remembers all the ways it learned how to be hard and battle-ready. Almost without thought she's moving through the silver dusted petals and thick grass towards the bird of prey lopping overhead in lazy, graceful circles. Her steps quicken as the bird starts to fly towards the lake and Fable moves slowly enough not to pass her as he follows.

And if the ground shakes beneath his steps Isra tries not to think about it. Instead she turns each crushed petal in their wake into a stalk of wheat fat with seed. Those stars in her lurch against the magic and she wonders if she's changing them a little too.

When she finally makes it to the lake she only stares at the glass-still surface of it. Below, Fable adds when he spots a darkness moving beneath the water. Isra smiles and when she wades belly deep into the water the entire bottom of the lake turns to gemstone and sand instead of dead-leaves and algae.

She does not think Katniss will wonder who has found her for long, even if her eagle ruined the surprise.  

@Katniss // <3
CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM