Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - let the waves up and take me down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

"would could make the world

a sweeter place”
 All of Isra's magic is quiet as Katniss gives her story. There is only the gentle whisper of the petals against their legs, and the hum of Fable's breathing keeping pace to her heartbeat, to break up the weight of the story. Somehow that seems fitting, as if the entire world has gathered up its breath to hear this tale.

Isra thinks it sounds like a heart breaking. And then she thinks each word sounds like a bit of thread pulling two strips of silk together. It is the loveliest sound she has ever heard. Her heart blooms with the sound of it, and each flower around them starts to shed seeds of gold when all their pollen turns to glitz. Even that feels right, the way the meadow and the lake are changing to fit these words of love , and everything, and blessing. Fable's scales are rippling behind her like a sea caught in some promise of shape and life (and that seems right too).

A smile tilts her lips up, up, up and the two foals eager to meet their city kick against all the fire blooming sweetly in their mother. Isra reaches up to brush her smile against Katniss's skin. Her ears are still full of the ringing sound of a stitched together heart when she starts to speak. “Nothing would make me happier than to know it's your heart leading the way through life.” Beneath her skin that heart that keeps singing, Eik, Eik, Eik aches a little with all the joy of the story still hanging heavy on the flowers dripping gold.

Fable drops his head down between the mares and the hum on his tongue seems to be saying that he approves of this too. It was love that brought his egg up from the sea, and love that turned him into a dragon that  waters the earth instead of burning it. How could it be anything but love that turns a dragon into something other than a monster?  He tries to smile and it's as terrifying as it is sweet. Isra laughs and a rose turns to a poppy.

“You will always have my blessing to love, just as you will always be my Champion.” There is a secret dancing in her eyes, one she's already discovered in the dark with sand between her teeth. It makes her shine in a way that has nothing to do with magic, or a crown, or even rage. “Someday,” Isra says in a way that teases out the word after but never gives sound to the syllables of it. “I will have to meet him.”Because Isra knows that the secret in her eyes, that makes her shine, is one that only Katniss and Metaphor will share.

But someday-- someday they will tell their children of it beneath the watchful eyes a dragon and an eagle. Love always takes seed, always.

@Katniss // <3
CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
let the waves up and take me down - by Katniss - 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: let the waves up and take me down - by Isra - 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM