Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a girl with lips like morphine;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

Morrighan

It's hard for Morrighan to tell if the woman might be buying her story, but she figures she'll keep playing along. Or at least as long as she can get away with it.

"Oh you know… strange fish, river monsters, maybe even kelpies. I suppose if you believe in that stuff," she goes on, eyeing the mare with curiosity. She had heard stories of all of the above, just not particularly in this lake. It would be very unfortunate if those were true for here because she didn't want to deal with any of it herself. She steps to the edge of the shore now, but decides not to go into the water. It would be too cold this early in the season and also her fire magic did not appreciate water too much.

The woman introduces herself as Locust and that she's a captain of a ship. This interests Morrighan as she isn't familiar with those who venture off to sea, though she has heard of them before too. It was certainly not a life she saw herself living. However, she can't help but focus a little too much on the woman's name.

"Locust, huh? Is that a nickname or were you actually named after a bug?" she asks, genuinely curious and not caring much if it comes across as offensive. In her mind, it's a reasonable question. "Though I haven't heard of anyone being a captain of a ship before. Sounds interesting," she adds and wonders just how much this woman may be willing to share. Hopefully she could tell her more about life at sea because Morrighan couldn't see anyone living a happy life surrounded by water. The only ones it made sense for were the water equines as they simply had no choice.

Locust asks what Morrighan does around here and she responds with pride, "I'm a soldier - born and raised to fight." She thinks of Ourania and the many battles she won to get the several scars across her body to this day. "Just not here. I came from a world much different than Novus but now I call Denocte my home. It's not too bad I guess." The words surprise her as it took many many months for her to come to terms with Novus and Denocte being her 'home'. For centuries that had been Ourania and her people in Nieven, but somehow it seems like a distant memory. Apparently her Court finally grew on her.

She thinks to what Locust had said about not staying in one place for too long. Somehow that meant that the ocean did have more to offer, at least to those like this woman. Morr finds it very strange indeed. She was so used to the lands of Ourania and now she's so used to Denocte. She can't imagine having to leave another place again.

"What's there to do out at sea?" she finally asks. The only images she can conjure in her mind are seeing nothing but water and- well that was it. Water for miles on a ship with nothing to do but stare at the ocean. You might see some seagulls fly by or fish coming up to the surface, but was there really anything else out there? If Novus taught her anything, it was that it had strange magic and somehow portal doors to get in, but not out. Maybe Locust cracked that somehow or she just really liked being surrounded by practically nothing.

@Locust in which Morrighan has suddenly become a curious child while also making fun of Locust's name LOL

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
a girl with lips like morphine; - by Locust - 07-04-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: a girl with lips like morphine; - by Morrighan - 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: a girl with lips like morphine; - by Locust - 07-21-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: a girl with lips like morphine; - by Morrighan - 08-11-2019, 10:18 PM