Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - quake

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

@Anandi <3
Samaira smiles in understanding, "I am still learning how to make friends myself," she says. It is a rather difficult feat to accomplish, when she is so wary with her tender heart and willowy trust. But she tries her best, every day, and continues to make progress.

It helps, she thinks, having her place in the hospital. She has grown rather comfortable and close with many of the doctors and patients there. It feels right.

The earthen woman watches the small ball of water, Anoul, with fascination. A soft, "Amazing," slips past her lips and drifts into the air as she watches it move so gracefully, so smoothly. And yet, Andi says she does not control it. It is its own being.

As Anouk settles before Samaira, her moon-bright eyes widen in wonder, and when it presses into her nose and pulls away, she's sure that she must look like a foal that has discovered a butterfly for the first time after it has landed on their muzzle. Her gaze follows Anouk to Andi, where they rest upon the grey mare.

Her cheeks grow warm at the mention of a kiss.

"Oh, my…" the pegasus isn't quite sure what to say, either about Anouk's fondness or to ease Anandi. Samaira is grateful when the subject changes, to a question she is more prepared to answer. "I don't believe so. I only know of a few others with bonded," she thinks of Asterion and Cirrus, Israfel and Solaris, and she's sure she's seen one of the doctor's at the hospital with a bonded.

"There are animals at the hospital, they assist the medics with the patients. Very smart creatures, but they are bonded to no one." The lemurs, she's been told, were as gifts. Helpers, assistants, and there are similar ones all the way out in Solterra as well.

Samaira nearly stiffens as Anandi does, and wonders what she has said that came across so wrongfully. She is surprised when the other woman smiles instead, but wary. Her wings ruffle at her sides as she considers the questions, and thinks of the kelpie man with no name who looked like salt and ice and sea.

"Not to me," she responds, "though I cannot say if he was horrible to anyone else."

He came out of the ocean, spoke to me, and then returned to it. Who is she to say how many other times he had done something similar? Or something else?

And then she remembers, oh how long ago it had been, that she had still been injured that day on the beach. If he had wanted to be horrible, he'd had the perfect opportunity to be so. Now Samaira wonders, why hadn't he?

"Speaking."

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
quake - by Anandi - 07-04-2019, 02:42 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 07-06-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 07-15-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 10:16 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 07-21-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 08-20-2019, 05:20 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 09-27-2019, 02:58 PM