Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - quake

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

@Anandi yeah I think they could probably arrive at the end of your next post if you want? <3

Anandi seems unsure of the lemurs at the hospital, so Samaira takes a moment to think of a better way to explain the ways that they assist the doctors there. “They spend a lot of time with the patients, to help make them feel better,” she thinks of them, curled up alongside patients resting in their hospital beds, offering them warmth and comfort. “But they also help with fetching supplies, or ingredients for the potionmakers.”

When the other woman smiles at her and says she wishes to see her fly, Samaira can’t help but pause, warmth rising in her cheeks. She shifts her wings where they rest against her sides, “Maybe the next time we meet… it would be unkind of me to leave you down here when I’m to be your guide.” She turns her gaze away from Anandi momentarily, toward the sky.

Flying is wonderful, and it is everything she could have ever dreamed it to be when she was a girl. Truly, she’d been missing so much, being unable to fly. A soft smile turns up the corners of her lips as she thinks about the wind brushing across her feathers and tugging at her hair.

“If there’s a better feeling in the world, I’ve yet to discover it,” the pegasus responds. She wonders if swimming is the same, and imagines it must be, just wetter. Again she finds herself imagining what it must be like to swim beneath the waves. Samaira hasn’t even set foot in the water, only looked out upon it with awe and wonder. But with her wings, swimming would be difficult she thinks.

Their steps eat up the coastline beneath them, carrying them closer and closer to the court which rises up in the distance like a beacon, shining in the sun. The waves crash against the cliffs like a drum beat and Samaira thinks about what Anandi says, but isn’t sure that she agrees. Still, she chooses not to question it. No doubt she has dealt with far more of her kind than Samaira has.

“You are not horrible, though,” the earthen woman says, moon eyes bright as she glances over at her companion. Her skin is smoon and grey and her eyes are bright and green and in the sun she is flecked with the glimmering sparks of dried salt. And, much like the man, has not attempted to make a meal of her. Though all things can change, she supposes, but Anandi acts with such grace and dignity. “I’d like to know more about where you come from.”

"Speaking."

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
quake - by Anandi - 07-04-2019, 02:42 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 07-06-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 07-15-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 10:16 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 07-21-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 08-20-2019, 05:20 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 09-27-2019, 02:58 PM