Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - quake

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

@Anandi and done <3

It’s so easy, the way Anandi calls them her people and the way that Samaira doesn’t even question it. How strange it is, that she never wondered when it became this; no longer her and this new world she had found herself in, but a world that was her home and a people that were hers to care for.

She wonders what sorts of bizarre and wonderful things have been lost to the sea from above, and what it has taught them about the equines here. Or, perhaps, what it has made them imagine the equines here to be like. She imagines all manner of things that the water won’t destroy like coin and jewels and silly things they could never use like glassware.

When Anadi talks about singing and dancing, it brings a smile to Samaira’s lips, though there is a dark shadow of understanding in her eyes at the hesitation of the word safer. “I hope that you will find the kind of safety on land here that I have, and that you won’t feel lonely.”

If the pegasus knows anything it is about running, and loneliness.

There are so many good memories of her life, even as difficult as it was, on Irindor. But the running, it has a way of overshadowing everything. The fear, and isolation. She was happy—as happy as someone can be when they are unwanted, an aberration—but she was alone.

“I’m not sure,” Samaira responds, though a little disappointed, as she watches her companion reach out to touch the wall surrounding the court. Although she wasn’t used to living in a city when she first arrived, she still had always lived in a home. The idea of buildings and walls never surprised her.

“Perhaps the gods, or the first equines to live here,” she offers, although she knows the answers aren’t exactly satisfactory.

Samaira is not the most spiritual, and to tell the truth she has not spent much time at all in regards to the gods of Novus. She’s sure there must be a history book somewhere that talks about the creation of the courts, but she has not read it. Most of her time is spent in the hospital with her patients. “I would be more than happy to,” the pegasus says with an answering smile, following Anandi into the court, where they dissolve into the crowd just two more equines on the cobbled street.

"Speaking."

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
quake - by Anandi - 07-04-2019, 02:42 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 07-06-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 07-15-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 10:16 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 07-21-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: quake - by Samaira - 08-20-2019, 05:20 AM
RE: quake - by Anandi - 09-27-2019, 02:58 PM