Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - all together now,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

strangeness and
charm

The man seemed nervous, but he did take her offering of tea. She was certain once he drank enough it would do the trick. After all, she had been doing this a while.

"Well, 'Just Eik'," she chuckled, mostly amused at her own terrible joke. "I am glad our paths crossed today. Do make yourself at home."

Corr watched him and he did indeed seem quite worried about something. She could feel the nerves settling in to her own psyche and she had to keep reminding herself that these were not her own feelings. She took another sip of her own tea to try and keep calm when Eik commented on the brew.

"Aw, thank you, dear! I've been gathering and putting together my own tea blends for years, so I'm glad my hard work has paid off. Really soothes the soul, you know." Her eyes drifted over to her messy cupboards of herbs and spices. It was an art really. Something she learned during her time growing up in Astreas. She had many fond memories picking herbs with her sister.

Eik admitted he had no idea why he had come here but was seeking advice and it made Corrdelia smile. "Ah, that is the question though isn't it. Why are you here? Sometimes our subconscious knows, or it's that little guardian spirit nudging you forward that you never knew about. But of course I can help! Come, come."

She gestured for him to follow her over to the wooden table by the fireplace. On its surface were intricate patterns etched in gold resembling the constellations. Sitting side by side were two different tarot decks that she used for her readings. They each had their own significant meanings, but were helpful for different reasons.

"Take a seat and make yourself comfortable," she instructed while setting her tea cup down. She also lit a stick of incense and placed the burner in the center of the table. "It usually helps to take some deep breaths and relax so you can have a focused mind. Without a set question, your thoughts can become muddled and it might create a smoke screen for the messages I seek for you. No worries, no overthinking! The tea will help."

After taking her own seat, Corr closed her eyes and took some deep breaths. This was her way of meditating before a reading so she could get herself grounded. The earthy scent of the incense was helpful, but also did a good job of setting the tone. It was her hope that Eik would follow her lead and do some breathing exercises as well.

A few moments of silence passed before she spoke again. "Alright, first I need to know which spirits to call forth for guidance today. I can tap into the spiritual realm in general or we can hone in on your animal guardians," she explained while pointing to the two decks in front of them. "Sometimes it can help to understand who your animal spirits are that walk beside you, but if you might be wanting something more specific, the spiritual realm can sometimes shed a brighter light. Pick your poison, dear!" For a second she realized with his demeanor that he may take the saying literally. "I kid - no actual poison!" she quickly added.

The mare looked on eagerly as she waited for Eik's decision. Both decks were powerful and good choices, but he needed to choose which one called to him the most. As intuitive as Corr was, only he would know.

@Eik <3
credits

Messages In This Thread
all together now, - by Eik - 07-05-2019, 06:13 PM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 07-14-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: all together now, - by Eik - 07-21-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 07-23-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: all together now, - by Eik - 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 08-10-2019, 06:18 PM
RE: all together now, - by Eik - 08-23-2019, 09:29 AM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 09-01-2019, 10:14 PM