Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - all together now,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

strangeness and
charm

Eik chooses the guardian spirit deck and Corr's eyes widen with excitement. This was a deck she didn't get to use often, but it was perhaps her favorite deck for the type of symbolism it provided. It seems fitting for this man named Eik in a way that she can't quite pinpoint yet. Perhaps it will all become clear with the cards.

His bewilderment makes her smile and she begins to shuffle the cards, setting aside her other deck so it was not in the way. "Focus on your thoughts and feelings. Channel it into the cards as I will do now so that the message can become clearer. Other than that, not much! The spirits and I will take it from here," she instructs with a twinkle in her eye. The incense smoke seems to change course on its own. It curls around the man in a curious fashion before settling back down on the table around the cards.

When Corrdelia is done shuffling, she sets the stack of cards down and closes her eyes again to summon an incantation. "Two feet, four feet, scales or hide, may our minds stay open and our wings span wide," she murmurs and opens her eyes again. She divides the stack into three sections and pulls a card from each so that there are three cards laid out in the middle.

"This is a simple three card spread laid out similarly to 'Past, Present, Future' readings. However with this deck, the symbolism tends to focus more on the Self so think of these cards more along the lines of 'Who I was, Who I am and Who I will be'," the witch explained before turning over the first card. It reveals the swimming Dolphin with swirls of color surrounding it like a ripple effect in water.

"Who you were reflects the Dolphin," she begins. "They are an oceanic species, though I'm not sure if you've seen any from the shores of Novus. They are tied to the water element, of course, being from the ocean, which represents our emotional world. It points to relationships, love, boundaries and creativity- our "flow", if you will. They say when the Water is crystal clear, we know it in our hearts. So in terms of the Dolphin here, they tend to be drawn to the healing arts. They are sensitive to the subtle and enjoy working on the level of spirit. Being a Dolphin type, it's easy for you to underestimate the impact you make in the world. Dolphins are a communal species as well, therefore being together with loved ones and family is extremely important. Seeing this card appear also tells me that a profound blessing is on the way." At the end, she raises a brow and looks to Eik, curious of what sort of blessing this may mean. Likely it would tie into the next card, so she didn't wait too much longer to flip the second card over.

Corr blinks in surprise at the appearance of an egg. It is not just an ordinary egg either, but one with strong symbolism to the Ether, or the Spirit element. As she suspected, it did indeed give more clarity as to what Eik's blessing may be. The card appears dark, as if it's almost entirely shrouded in shadow except for a white-purple ethereal glow around the egg. The egg itself appears to have scales all over it, similar to that of a dragon's.

"Interesting…" she murmurs, deep in thought for a moment as she muddles over all the symbolism present. "An egg is a wonderful symbol of new life and fertility, which I would presume is your profound blessing. Whether it's your own children on the way or a new life to come for yourself… or both, perhaps." A sly smile appears on her face as she glances at Eik again before looking back at the card. "Now the Black Egg is special in that it's a symbol of the Spirit element. This is the most abstract element as it includes creatures of the Ether and that which inhabit a dimension beyond. They represent significant challenges or awakenings of the inner self or soul. They are watchful and protective when we are at a crossroads in our lives. The Black Egg specifically represents truth. When this essence is in balance, we speak slowly and clearly. We are drawn to creative activities like writing, reading, teaching or singing. You might start to ask yourself 'What is true about the world?'. When you have not yet accessed the energy of the Black Egg, you speak from an unsure place. You might say things others want to hear, gossip or repeat stories to justify your not-so-great behavior. You might convince yourself that you have no inner truth at all. The energy of the Black Egg hovers around you and waits for you to reconnect. It's available at every moment and in every situation. It's the epitome of truth and the birthplace of our voice."

Corr pauses, allowing herself more clarity into the Spirit's message. She looks from card to card, then back at Eik. "A very abstract symbol indeed, but don't let its presence deter you. It shows you the blessing you have received or will receive, but reminds you not to lose your voice or your inner truth," she reassures him before moving to the final card.

When she flips it over, it reveals a dragonfly that appears to be perched on a blue upside down triangle. The way the blue is painted reminds her of a lake or pond where one might find the insects. Although they are a symbol of the Air element, they too have connections with Water.

"It appears who you will be, or your future potential, is symbolic of the Dragonfly. They are a creature of the sky and those of the Air element move quickly and decisively. They are known to see more than others which can lead to powerful and discerning qualities. They tend to move too quickly, which leaves them ungrounded. The Dragonfly in particular is a very ancient and ethereal creature that is a symbol of the mind. This is because it's always moving, shifting and changing. When I see this card, I ask those in front of me what the quality of your mind and perception are. Are you restless or still? Dream-like, crystal clear? A situation at hand may be different than it appears to you when you first look at it, but Dragonfly reminds you to calm your mind so the light and wisdom can shine through."

Corr takes in the three images in front of her - Dolphin, Black Egg and Dragonfly - and lets her mind meld them together. She closes her eyes and takes another deep breath before speaking again. "I see Dolphin telling you to enjoy the company of others and to not be afraid of this blessing. Whatever new life is in store for you, it will bring great joy and inner growth. You must not forget your inner truth or your voice as they are very important. You must also not let your mind get too lost in the shuffle of things. Remember to take a step back and breathe in. Look at how far you have come and all that the world has to offer. Meditate by the stillness of the water and let yourself be embraced by the gentle breeze. Water and Air are key elements for you and can work hand in hand."

At the end of her speech, she takes a much needed sip of her tea and waits for Eik's reaction. Like most clients, it's likely that he'll be overwhelmed by the reading and the message. She waits patiently and willing to answer any questions he might have. For now, she let the lavender soothe her throat and made a silent thanks to the Spirits for the messages they have shared to the pair today.

(A real life view of the cards for anyone curious)
Note: This oracle deck is by Kim Krans/The Wild Unknown and much of what is mentioned is referenced from this deck's guidebook, including Corr's incantation

@Eik WOW sorry this took forever and is literally a novel. Super psyched to see how Eik reacts to this reading <3
credits

Messages In This Thread
all together now, - by Eik - 07-05-2019, 06:13 PM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 07-14-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: all together now, - by Eik - 07-21-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 07-23-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: all together now, - by Eik - 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 08-10-2019, 06:18 PM
RE: all together now, - by Eik - 08-23-2019, 09:29 AM
RE: all together now, - by Corrdelia - 09-01-2019, 10:14 PM