Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we're always on our way;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

The morning is so beautiful, so peace, so quiet. Even in the stillness, Rhone knows that not everything about this morning is quiet and peaceful. Evil has always lurked just beyond the shadows, trapping those who wander to close. Erd had never deserved the fate that had come to him, just as poor Ard did not deserve to be separated from his own twin brother. While Rhone might not understand the bond of twins, he understood the bond of brotherhood and of friendship. It had already been decided that he would help Ard find his brother, with or without his king’s blessing. Something pressed this need on his heart, making him unable to think of anything except bringing Erd home safely.

He brings up the missing stallion, hoping that someone had told him already. After all, it had been Theodosia and Marisol that had offered to check within Dusk Court boarders. Those two had far more influence than he had and no doubt were closer to their king. He had assumed that they would have told Asterion about the missing stallion. He had assumed wrong.

He raises his gaze to look at the bay, careful to keep their eyes locked in order to show the seriousness of the issue. "I was made aware just the other day. Ard was in a panic, saying his brother had gone to the markets and hadn’t returned. He spoke to myself, Marisol, and Theodosia." The fact that Ard spoke at all had been quite the revelation. Rhone supposed he knew the man could talk, he just had not actually heard him speak. Perhaps that was what drew him to the small stallion’s plight. Someone must have gone horribly wrong if the quiet stallion was forced to speak.

He sighed softly as he thought about the conversation he had with Ard and the two mares. "Theodosia and Marisol seemed to think that he would simply return in time. I’m inclined to side with Ard regarding his fear that something horrible has happened." He wasn’t sure why he believed Ard, but he did. "Ard will be leaving today to go search for him. I intend on joining him until Erd can be found." He was no soldier, no Halcyon. He was just a lone stallion, a scholar who sought out truth. He hoped that Asterion might understand his need to join Ard.

He paused a moment, thinking about what might happen if Asterion should not give his greeting. He supposed that in the end, nothing but bringing Erd home mattered. Even if Asterion refused, he could not abandon Ard. "I hope I have your blessing." his eyes were soft as they rested on the bay stallion. He hoped Asterion understood his need to help. So many times he had tried to help and had made a fool of himself. This was his chance at redemption. This would not right all the wrongs he had done, but it would certainly be one hell of a first step in the right direction.

@Asterion

Messages In This Thread
we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 07-06-2019, 04:52 PM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 07-12-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 07-20-2019, 08:43 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 08-04-2019, 11:59 PM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 08-07-2019, 11:37 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 08-09-2019, 04:29 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 08-17-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 08-18-2019, 05:01 AM