Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we're always on our way;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

In the short time that Rhone had been in Novus, he had found that life within Terrastella had come easy. He felt into a routine and there was very little need to deviate from it. He awoke with the rising sun, watched the sunrise from atop the cliffs, then meandered into court in order to get to know his fellow Dusk Court citizens. In his time here, he had come to know so many of those that called this place home, and even called some of them friends. Erd and Ard were no exception. Even if Ard had been a little tougher to encourage to come around, it seemed that the quiet brother had finally come to realize that Rhone only meant friendship.

The news that Erd had gone missing had done nothing but shake Rhone to the core. He was having a hard time figuring out who would want to take the kind brother. And if no one had taken him, as Theodosia and Marisol had suggested, then why would he have left his brother alone without any word of when he would return? Something hadn’t felt right from the beginning. He believed Ard. Something must have happened to the stallion’s other half. As a friend to both, even if Ard might not consider him a friend, he felt compelled to help him look for his brother. And perhaps that friendship was what gave him confidence to ask his king for his blessing on their journey. Rhone would go with Ard, blessing or not. However, he felt as though the king’s blessing might make their journey an easy one.

Asterion’s blessing for his mission came with a sense of relief. He sighed softly, not realizing that he had been holding his breath while awaiting for his king’s verdict. At least now, he could help Ard without feeling guilty. Rhone had promised Ard they would find him, and he was not about to go back on his word. He just hoped it would not take them too long. After all, if someone had kidnapped Erd, there was no telling how long the stallion would remain alive in their care.  "Thank you. It means so much to myself…and to Ard." While Ard might not care much about Asterion’s opinion, Rhone did. And he wanted to think that it would make Ard happy to know that Asterion had giving Rhone his blessing to help look for his missing brother.

But when Asterion begins to speak again, Rhone cannot help but let his eyes raise to meet the king’s. He has no idea what Asterion will ask of him, but in his heart, he already knows that he will accept the task, even if the consequences are not what he might like. Rhone has already vowed to be at Asterion’s service, to obey him and guide him as best he can. In this place, he is no king, he is only a lone stallion in search of purpose and redemption.

So when Asterion asks him to be the Champion of Wisdom, it makes Rhone look at the other with a sort of softness that the other has never seen before. It’s a cross between surprise, uncertainty, but complete trust in the other. "Of course I will be your Champion of Wisdom…" He had come here not expecting to be in any seat of power. His leadership days were long gone but it seemed that the values his mother, his lovers, and his gods had instilled in him still carried on. Despite never wanting any power here in Novus, it seemed that someone or something else had better plans for him than even he understood. With this role came new responsibilities, new tasks to be charged with, and more paths to lead. He would do his best, he had to.

The brush of Asterion’s muzzle against his shoulder made the skin beneath the touch twitch as a feeling washed over him. At first he wasn’t sure what that feeling was, but as the time seemed to tick by, he began to understand that feeling was something along the lines of honor. Yes, Rhone was honored to be chosen. "I have learned in my many years that the circumstances are never right when someone must step up to the plate to help or to lead." He pauses just a moment as he looks back at Asterion with the softest of gazes. "Just as you had not chosen to be king, the court chose you because you are worthy. And as I had told myself to leave my days of leading behind, you have chosen me to be your champion." He looks up at the doe, still walking towards the tree line with her fawn. There is beauty in this moment and he cannot help but smile. "Sometimes we do not understand why our paths wind the way they do, but it is what we do along that path that is most important." Asterion would be a good king, even if he did not want the role. Clearly Dusk Court saw something in Asterion that perhaps he had not seen. Rhone would be a good champion, even if he didn’t understand why it was offered to him. Asterion clearly saw something in Rhone that perhaps even he had overlooked. They would both do their best and in the end, that would be worth everything.

@Asterion

Messages In This Thread
we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 07-06-2019, 04:52 PM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 07-12-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 07-20-2019, 08:43 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 08-04-2019, 11:59 PM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 08-07-2019, 11:37 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 08-09-2019, 04:29 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Asterion - 08-17-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: we're always on our way; - by Rhone - 08-18-2019, 05:01 AM