Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - And like the cat I have nine times to die;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Elif

elif

Other than the island (which she doesn’t count, as it still feels like nothing so much as a collective fever-dream the whole of Novus shares) Elif has never seen anything so green. 

From above, below the clouds but above the trees, the fields unroll like an emerald map, a stream like a blue thread winding through. But from the ground - oh! It is a wealth of color, almost too much to look at, a candy so sweet it hurts. Giant swallowtails drift past, more graceful on the breeze than she could ever hope to be, and she follows them as long as she can, rapt and wondrous at the bright yellow, the heartbreak blue, the black lines barring each. She has never seen a butterfly before. 

Elif wants to linger, wants to roll in the long and waving grass and then graze until her slat-ribs are sleek and round and her hunger is a bad memory. If only, she thinks, all the people of Solterra could come here - 

but that is why she came. There were rumors of an object, something powerful, something that would lend strength to the finder. And Elif needs strength. Her appeal to Raum had done nothing - she has failed to find others to form a resistance - and no one, she has decided, was coming to save them. 

So she will try whatever she must. Even rumors in strange lands. 

The thought sobers her, turning her attention from the beauty and richness of Terrastella. Now she scans the field as a hawk might, looking for a prey she doesn’t know - but the group of horses at the bottom of a gentle slope seems a good start. 

Tucking her wings along her sides, shaking her narrow head like ridding herself of nerves is as easy as dissuading flies, she steps toward them. 

@redandblack 
open to any! for the halcyon plot <3 

Messages In This Thread
And like the cat I have nine times to die; - by Elif - 07-22-2019, 12:03 PM
RE: And like the cat I have nine times to die; - by Elif - 07-30-2019, 11:50 AM