Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I'm not all you Wanted

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The stench of ash is still heavy when she returns to Denocte. The fires are absent, but the memory of them has yet to fade. Noctii watches the slowly filling streets of Denocte. The stench of smoke reminds her of the way Reichenbach smelled when she met him. Like wood and smoke. This smell carries sorrow. The woman made of gold and ivory moves through the familiar streets of her home. The moon loves her, just as Isra promised. It has not purged her yet, and she is beginning to doubt that the moon ever will. It is not the moon she fears, it is what may happen to Isra. She fears what may happen to the rest of the citizens of Denocte because of her presence here. Noctii does not know if that will come on the heels of the gods of Reth, or beneath the daggers of her sister. The thoughts drift away like the fading smoke from the fires Isra told her were here. The streets are still charred in some places that she wanders, they have been forgotten. Noctiilucent hopes that the small home Isra gave her was still standing, but she has her doubts. The pendant upon her neck shines beneath the growing moonlight as she moves. It reminds her that she has a gift for her dear friend, another item she stole from the temples for the gods of Reth. A clamor of bodies and voices catches her attention. In the slow rebirth of Denocte, there is excitement. The area she is in is familiar to her. There have been many nights that she has watched entertainers from the shadows. Noctii assumes tonight will be no different.

There is a movement beyond the circle of gathering bodies and awestruck children. An entertainer dances in the moonlight, and for a few moments Noctiilucent finds herself captivated by the movements of the entertainer. The way the stripes of the woman move with the flickering firelight is mesmerizing. Beside her swirls a small dragon, much smaller than Fable. Her ears come forward with interest. Her body presses against the masses and the wall of bodies pull her in. They spit her out on the other side. She is only two feet from the woman who has yet to utter a word. Noctiilucent cannot help but stare at her and admire the way her body fades from day to dusk. The way the black stripes and ivory streaks slip across her body like ripples in the water. The scholar finds that her skin has erupted into gooseflesh as she jaw hangs slightly agape. There is music in the square, it slowly begins to fade. The flickering firelight begins to fade, as though it can detect that the show is drawing to a close. The group waits to move until the whole square turns dark. Until only the light of the moon spills upon the entertainer and her dragon. Noctiilucent forgets how close she is standing to the other woman until the crowd begins to dissipate. It is only Noctii and the entertainer left in the square. The smell of the fires still burns her nostrils, but she is still captivated by the mesmerizing woman. She is not only beautiful but talented. Noctiilucent cannot believe she has never seen her before.  "Why have I never seen you before?"

Noctii speaks softly, but her voice still carries the awe that is painted across her canvas. As though it is scattered like the stars of gold flesh across the seas of ivory on her bodice.

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: <33 
Tags: @Runaveig

I was wandering under black skies
Clutching at what is mine

Messages In This Thread
I'm not all you Wanted - by Noctiilucent - 07-30-2019, 08:27 PM
RE: I'm not all you Wanted - by Runaveig - 08-04-2019, 07:39 PM
RE: I'm not all you Wanted - by Noctiilucent - 08-17-2019, 09:28 PM