Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - your spirit never dies

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sirius

The sky is bright and welcoming overhead, the sun warm on his dark skin. He doesn’t know how far he’s gone - surely he left the Night Court long ago, and has flown into some other territory. He had heard that there were other Courts here, one for each time of day, but he had yet to experience any of them.

For now, he simply flew, loving the feeling of the wind combing its fingers through his long, dark tresses. It was a good thing the gypsy from the market had offered to braid his forelock for him; the wind was especially wild today, throwing his mane and tail in the air behind him. 

Sirius could fly forever; up and up and up, until his wings were made of stardust and he swam among the constellations. And then he would fly still further, to a different galaxy, a foreign world, a new life. 

But there’s a sight that catches his attention from the air, pulling his gaze away from the blue and endless heavens, down to the earth. A field of stones, placed seemingly purposefully, fills his view. They stand in rows, like sentinels keeping watching over… something, he isn’t sure what. Sirius drifts lower and lower in the sky, his pale eyes scanning each tract of earth. The stones were all sorts of shapes, spaced evenly apart, and he thinks he might see shapes carved into their surfaces.

He doesn’t notice the tiny pegasus until he flies overtop of her, catching her within his shadow for the briefest of moments.

He turns at once, his large wings flaring. He nearly clips a gravestone with one wing, for a second flying on his side - but then he rights himself, and drops to the earth. The long grasses of the field muffle his landing, if only slightly, and SIrius folds his wings quickly to avoid hitting any other gravestones. 

With a smile on his face and a skip in his step, he trots up to the young girl. 

”Hello!” he calls, stopping when he comes alongside the grave that separates the two pegasi.

And only then does he realize that there’s a hole in front of this stone, not in front of the others. It’s longer than it is wide, and a mound of dirt is piled beside it - dirt that once filled the hole, he was sure. It was still soft-looking and damp, and smelled of the earth. He lets his muzzle trail along it, inhaling deeply. 

”What’s this?” he asks, stepping forward until he balances on the edge of the strangely shaped hole by which she stands, staring down into its empty center.

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@Charlotte ! who says timelines have to be realistic
i hope you don't mind!!

Messages In This Thread
your spirit never dies - by Charlotte - 08-01-2019, 12:27 PM
RE: your spirit never dies - by Sirius - 08-01-2019, 03:04 PM