Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - father mother sister brother

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Sometimes it was nice to be able to come up here and think, clear his head completely of all thoughts. And yet, Rhone could not pass up pleasant conversation. Very rarely did the presence of another actually irritate him. Tonight, however, was a good night to interrupt his thoughts. They were beginning to get away from him and traveling dangerously upon the very edge of being a hindrance to his current state of mind. Perhaps it could be said that the other stallion’s company was a god-send. Perhaps he should think Brighton the next time he goes to pray.

At the other stallion’s words, Rhone cannot help but shake his head ever so slightly, his lips pulling into a grin. He is even bold enough to chuckle lightly at the notion that the other is a hindrance. "Actually, your timing could not have been better. I needed a good distraction." He didn’t need to be thinking about what could have been but rather what could be. Perhaps this stallion’s presence was just what he needed to have a change of heart.

He tells the stranger that he and Asterion visit this cliff side often, and it was surprising that he had not stumbled across him. Rhone did not miss the nervousness that the other showed at the knowledge that he knew the king, rather knew him enough to say his name out loud. Was he not supposed to talk of a friend? "You should meet him. He is a kind individual, humble even." Rhone liked that Asterion had offered up an election of sorts, to give someone else the opportunity to rule. Rhone, like many others, thought the bay king was doing a fine job and he was not going to go against him. Don’t fix what’s not broken, right? He could have offered up his own name, having years of experience ruling two kingdoms. But then again, Rhone had not come to Novus to rule. In fact, he was not sure if anyone knew just how experienced he was in that matter.

But like this other stallion, Rhone too was relatively new as well. He did not know many that lived here and was not as well-traveled as some, but he had grown to love it here. "Like you, I have not been here long either. But the longer I am here, the more I fall in love with it’s beauty." Not only was the landscape beautiful, but so were the people in it. From what he had gathered, it was a quiet-natured region that had very little conflict. It was just what he needed in retirement.

He told the other that he was always welcomed here, that he (and subsequently Terrastella as a whole) was very welcoming. It seemed to warm the stranger and when he spoke, it brought a smile to Rhone’s lips. "I have found the same to be true myself. So many welcoming faces." Rhone had come from a land that was so vastly different from this one. He was so ordinary where others here were more vibrantly colored and had wings and horns and unnatural colors. When he first had arrived, it had been a huge culture shock. Thankfully, Rhone was adjusting well.

Rhone had taken a moment to introduce himself, to try to get on a first name basis with the one standing before him. Unfortunately (and surprisingly), the other knew of him and was a little uneasy being in his presence. Rhone sighed. He never wished to make people feel uncomfortable. He had only wanted to be friendly and welcoming. Perhaps if he had known that his innocent introduction would have been met with apprehension, he might have chosen not to introduce himself at all. Rhone hated making other feel uncomfortable. "It’s a pleasure to meet you Atlas. You do not have to be formal around me unless you feel like you need to. Think of me as a friend." He had never been into formalities, unless he was king. He had learned that sometimes, people needed to know your title to take you seriously. But his title here in Novus was nothing compared to that of a king. Rhone still thought of himself as just another humble Terrastellian.

@Atlas

Messages In This Thread
father mother sister brother - by Atlas - 08-12-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: father mother sister brother - by Rhone - 08-14-2019, 03:43 AM
RE: father mother sister brother - by Atlas - 08-14-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: father mother sister brother - by Rhone - 08-18-2019, 05:27 AM
RE: father mother sister brother - by Atlas - 09-05-2019, 01:36 PM
RE: father mother sister brother - by Rhone - 09-07-2019, 10:29 PM