Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In the shadows of the Citadel

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Sunrises and sunsets were a beauty that he wished more would stop to take a look at. Many times, other would groan as the sun began to rise, protesting the need to get up for the day and be productive. Then, when the sun was setting, the same group of individuals would either be wishing they had more daylight (and perhaps wishing they had risen before the sun) or wishing for the sun to hurry and set so they could go out and live a more active, party lifestyle. Very rarely did individuals stop to admire the sunrise and sunset and unfortunately, they missed out on probably one of the world’s greatest beauties.

When she stated that she was unsure if she preferred sunrise or sunset, he immediately knew the dilemma. He still could not decide which he preferred, so he would watch them both. "I’m afraid I feel the same way. Both are beautiful as the colors fade in and out. It’s hard to compare them against one another." They were both so similar, but both held a different meaning to each person. He supposed it was up to one’s own mind to decide which was more beautiful than the other.

She asked him what he did with his days and he had to offer her a nervous smile. His days were rather boring, it seemed. He wasn’t a soldier, medic, or entertainer. He had no “job” to go to, nothing that demanded his time. He was a learner, a scholar. His days were usually spent quietly with his nose stuck in a book. "I am a scholar…I usually can be found reading. I always thirst for knowledge." Rhone was not a young stallion, he had lived many years. He had his years of leadership, of fighting, of healing. Novus was his retirement. Novus was the place where he could just sit back and do the things he enjoyed most: learning. Some would call him a lifetime student, always wishing that he could uncover more to learn.

He felt like talking about himself was only a one-way street. It would get boring after awhile only talking about his life and what he liked to do with it. So he asked her what she spent her time training for. Based on solely her build, he had a feeling it was in combat, but he had been surprised before.

As she spoke, he offered her a soft nod of his head, a smile shot in her direction. He found it utterly adorable that she seemed to bashful to talk about her training in battle. Everyone had their own strengths and it was important to find what you are good at and develop it. "It is an honorable profession." Someone had to stand up and protect the court - she would fit in well with the Halycon and other soldiers. "While I am no soldier, I have had my share of battles when I was much younger. It is an important job." Rhone was by no means an elderly equine, but he had quite a few years to her senior.

@Uzuri

Messages In This Thread
In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 08-14-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 08-18-2019, 06:29 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 09-25-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 09-28-2019, 09:18 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 10-01-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 10-10-2019, 05:23 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 10-10-2019, 10:11 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 10-16-2019, 04:57 AM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Uzuri - 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: In the shadows of the Citadel - by Rhone - 11-28-2019, 01:15 PM