Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - can I get through like the moon gets through;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camillia

Camillia had fallen behind the sovereign when she had examined the last clue. Although curious, she couldn't be bothered to run after him and instead followed his hoof prints and his ever-present gull in the sky. Catching up she found him positioned on a cliff above the sea. Looking about she found a castle not far off. It was the perfect setting and without him she would've never found him. Hearing his ponderings, she leaned further over the edge and surveyed the cliff. Impossible paths crisscrossed its canvas and her eyes turned to Asterion beside her. Now how should she put this? Hey you're probably too important to fall to your death. I'm better at this than you because I have wings."I think this is my opportunity to make myself useful," she said, trotting off of the cliff as the words left her mouth.

The rush of air took her breath away for a moment. She let herself fall, her wings spreading open just before she impacted the sand below. Her hair blew around her face and she had to shake her mane from obstructing her vision. Her eyes quickly set to work examining the cliffs and it wasn't too long before she had an idea of where to go. Returning to Asterion, she gave him a quick update at the carved path she had seen and flew back down to investigate further. Any words to wait or of warning were lost on her as excitement built in her chest.

Landing, silence fell over the mare, the place seemed far older than her and two sets of hoof prints waited for her. Cautious, she checked every crevice for traps, suddenly very aware at how alone she was. Ahead of her was what appeared to be a prison. It was such an odd place for a prison and yet ingenious as well. Camillia marveled at it before exploring further. Eventually she found the writings in the far cell and quickly set to memorizing the words exactly so that she might return them to the king without error. They were odd and confusing words and she set to deciphering them as she made her way from the cave and back up the cliff.

"One great eye gazes out from the ocean.
Laid to waste by that which eats but has no mouth,
Always hungry, fed by those black of heart. 
Roman greensward west by south."

She repeated to the stallion when she found him. "I found the riddle in the last cell of a prison down there, it was a very interesting place and deserves more study if you didn't already know of it." Her words were far more animated than usual and she paced about in front of the stallion. It was then that she waited expectantly for the man's reply. He knew far more of the region than her and though she retrieved the words with ease, deciphering them was much more difficult. "Water or fire might explain the line 'that which eats but has no mouth', but I'm not sure about the rest." She said, a bit restless from not being able to figure out the riddle.

@Asterion

Messages In This Thread
can I get through like the moon gets through; - by Asterion - 08-17-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: can I get through like the moon gets through; - by Camillia - 08-26-2019, 05:09 PM
RE: can I get through like the moon gets through; - by Asterion - 08-30-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: can I get through like the moon gets through; - by Camillia - 09-02-2019, 08:51 AM