Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

“I love the silent hour of night,
For blissful dreams may then arise,”
  It has been too long since the bells have sung through the moonstone streets of Denocte. It has been longer still that that the night has not howled out sorrow, or rage, or some strange suffering of soot and smoke. 

But tonight they are ringing beneath a sickle moon dotted with the bright shine of a distant planet (not unlike a drop of wayward ink left behind by a story-teller). The bonfires are still burning, as they always do in winter and summer, spring and fall. If it weren't for the bells peeling through the darkness, like laughter, the night would go on like any other. Dancers would dance. Shed-stars would speak stories that their cards and star-maps want to share. Onata would lunge and parry with smiles and their familiars would clash with tooth and claw. The night, as always, would be full of magic and possibility.

Tonight is different in not only by those chiming, chanting bells. Isra is waiting in the garden just before the castle steps. Around her moon-flowers are opening up their faces to the sickle moon. Fireflies are dancing between the stems and the petals until the ground is littered with constellations of flickering light hanging just over the gemstone pathways. The air is sweet with the smell of jasmine and thick with the smoke of the fires each time the winds shifts its direction towards the waiting queen.

Above her Fable is curled sleepily on a turret and the moonlight cools the summer brine from his scales. Below the bells he is humming and it sounds like the gentle crash of wave on a black-sand shoreline.

Isra waits, sway-backed and heavy with her children, for her court to join her in the night garden. And when they are all there she inhales just once and begins to speak in a voice heavy with all the smoke and mirror wonder of any good story-teller. “Tonight I am asking you for help. There is no longer the potential for war waiting at the edge of our home. Tonight is the first night in which we can start anew, and build Denocte into whatever it is we want it to be. Tonight is for possibilities.”. Isra pauses, and walks deeper into to the moon blooms and jasmine smoke. To her it feels wonderful to feel only magic, only love, and nothing of war and hunger. If only the feeling could on forever and a day longer than that.

“I ask any of you who would like to help bring about this new era for our home to step forward now. Tell me only what you would have Denocte and you become from this point on.” Moonlight catches on her horn to make strange shapes down the wide plane of her heavy sides. Isra waits, eyes bright with magic and some infinite love, for her city to start becoming everything that it has always wanted to become.

And she knows, when the castle behind her turns marble, glass, and gemstones of every color, that there is nothing her court by the mountains and the sea cannot be.

@ everyone! // <3
CREDITS

what does this all mean?

So this is going to be an IC audition of sorts for any of the ranks in Denocte. You don't have to have your character say IC which one(s) you would love to go for if you don't want to. I just need to know in the form below! 

This thread will close for replies/application on September 10th, since I know that SWP is filling up some thread lists at the moment. After that date I will post one short IC reply with Isra to announce all the ranks and which characters will be filling them. 

Ideally I would love the leadership team to work together without ranks OOC wise. We would push the direction of the court forward with events, plots, IC games, adopts etc. I do however, expect equal effort from the team, and please understand that if events in life change that the IC ranks will be adjusted and new members will be added to that team. I will hold myself to the same standards. I would love to give everyone interested a chance at IC leadership at some point, so ranks might rotate if there is a lot of interest (like a council). 

In order to apply please have the following questions filled out at the bottom of your IC post (or you can message them to me if you would prefer)

-Which role(s) would you prefer to have for your character? Please rank your choices if there are more than one.

-If you are given a role how many posts can you comfortably commit to a month in the court boards on average, without feeling stressed out? (please note I don't expect 10 every month). 

- Would you be willing to help with adopts, lore, plots, any court events?

-Do you have any events in mind that you would love to do?

-What would you like to see done in Denocte?

-What would you character like to actually do IC?

Messages In This Thread
into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Isra - 08-20-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Morrighan - 08-20-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Kassandra - 08-29-2019, 02:58 PM