Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

i am the fire
i am burning brighter
roaring like a storm

The war is over and she hears bells.

Of all things, there are bells. They ring through her ears and she rises with such a fury, embers spark from underneath her hooves. What was the meaning of this? Although when she takes a step towards her window and looks out, she sees everyone walking off to gather at the garden. A meeting- that makes a little more sense.

Morrighan steps out and joins the crowd, wincing as the bells are much louder from outside. She hopes they'll stop soon before she gets a splitting headache. This meeting better be important if there's all this fuss.

When she arrives at the garden, she sees Isra before the castle steps. Not too long ago, it was her that fought against Raum and his basilisk along with a few others. Morrighan had so badly wanted to be there and finally draw some blood, but she had been needed here. After the fires in the market and the capture of Abel, anything was possible. They needed to have eyes everywhere and stay on their feet in case something happened again. She could still remember the smell of everything burning and seeing the bodies of those lost to the attack. At the least, she had been able to help capture someone responsible and then stay to defend Denocte in case Raum had more up his sleeve.

Now he was dead and yet she felt no relief.

Once everyone had arrived, Isra speaks. She talks about rebuilding and starting a new era. It seems like a wild concept, but not entirely a bad idea. So much had happened and they all needed to come together somehow. After feeling lost for so long and homesick, Morrighan finally came to terms with Denocte and the Night Court being her new home. She felt loyal to them as they had taken her in and most of them had proved themselves worthy of her respect. Her thoughts briefly drift to Isra at the steppe for their spar and seeing her return from the battle in Solterra.

Without hesitation, Morrighan steps forward and speaks first. "I'd like to be the Warden," she begins, her tone strong. "Because I don't trust anyone out there. Raum may be dead but his ideas aren't. Our peace could come to an end at any point and someone needs to be keeping a watchful eye." Her statement may seem like a challenge to Isra's announcement but she wanted others to think realistically. This was not her being paranoid, this was her wanting to be prepared. "I come from a family of skilled soldiers. I've seen war in my land- I lived through it. Not just anyone can manage this task but I believe I'm one fit for the job if you'll have me."

She had been looking around at the crowd, but by the end, her eyes rest on Isra. They trained together and Morrighan told her of her story, so hopefully that would be enough to prove herself. Of course, if anyone wanted to challenge her, she would be ready.

"Speaking."
credits

-Which role(s) would you prefer to have for your character? Please rank your choices if there are more than one.
Warden

-If you are given a role how many posts can you comfortably commit to a month in the court boards on average, without feeling stressed out? (please note I don't expect 10 every month).
Honestly whatever amount would be needed of me. I could probably manage 10 a month, maybe not a crazy amount more than that xD but I can definitely put aside the time to fulfill plot needs and I just want to get Morrighan more involved anyway. Other than work this is the only other thing I do (whoops I have no life but I love you guys)

- Would you be willing to help with adopts, lore, plots, any court events?
Of course!

-Do you have any events in mind that you would love to do?
I really love Halloween themes so something for that when the time comes would be cool. I don't have anything specific in mind at the moment but I'd love to collaborate! I did enjoy the prompts we did a couple seasons ago because it gave me some material to work with when I was low on ideas for starter posts. I'd be happy to help brainstorm more of those too.

-What would you like to see done in Denocte?
Oh I kind of mentioned this above but definitely more seasonal prompts!

-What would your character like to actually do IC?
I want her to be more involved somehow. She's got a lot of pent up anger that can come in handy in a fighting role. Unfortunately I couldn't put her into any actual battles for the war plot like I was initially hoping but conflict and fighting are her thing. I'm working hard to get her leveled up so her fire will be more powerful too. I see her finally accepting Denocte as her home and because of that, she feels very loyal and is willing to do whatever she needs to do to protect it. She's normally more solitary so she would enjoy patrolling the borders and isn't afraid to approach anyone that might be seen as trespassing or a nuisance. She could use more threads with some drama like that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Morrighan - 08-20-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Kassandra - 08-29-2019, 02:58 PM