Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kassandra

Kassandra's life was just beginning to settle down into some semblances of calm. Two long years of wandering, and for all her avoiding and ignoring, she found herself drifting in closer and closer orbits to home.

The streets of Denocte's Night Court were white stone, just like the rounded walls of her Folly Tower. Where her prison had been smooth and pristine, however, Denocte was rough and angular; there were corners and bends with mysteries beyond them, puzzles which she desired to solve, adventures which needed having, and discoveries just begging to be made.

She felt at home here. The people were friendly, if tired, and every now and again she would see another with stars painted on their pelts, reminding her she was not alone in this chaotic world. It was strange how they would look at her and their expressions would change, and puzzle, as though they were searching her face for some familiarity, someone they knew. But it was impossible-- resemblances aside, she was from a kingdom far away from here.

It is to be another comfortable but exciting night of wandering under the summer sky. Kassandra was a winter creature, but the smell of bonfires on the breeze and the laughter and overlapping conversations of the others out in the warmth of the night was enough to endear her to the summer season. She spoke to no one in particular, nodded and smiled at those who stared, and, like she did out in the wild, wandered; she thrived in living, breathing, the freedom, and taking it all in stride.

Then the bells began to toll. The first peal stopped her in her tracks; the second caused panic to well up inside of her. Was there an attack? Some other danger? Oculos ducked his lithe form underneath her, his long snout peeking out from beneath her strong, barrel-shaped chest.

After a few moments of the noise, no one else had startled beyond initial surprise, and Kassandra's fear was overcome by a terrible curiosity, an itch that was dying to be scratched. The crowd begins to move, towards the grand castle where Isra cares for them all, and Kassandra follows-- even pushes ahead, apologizing hastily for jostling some other forms to the side in her quest to see what all the hubbub is about.

She is shocked to find Isra standing in the garden, beautiful and serene and... there, wow right in front of her. Kass swallows hard. She'd met Isra once, shortly after coming to Novus; it had been a brief meeting, and Kass always felt like Isra knew something about her that she did not. Of course, Isra probably knew a lot more about everything than Kass did.

The Sovereign began to speak, and Kassandra listened with bated breath; her eyes were wide and her ears tipped forward as she swayed in the heavy night, carried by smoke and the beauty of her surroundings, deep into the moment.

When Isra finished, Kass went to move forward, but hesitated; this would mean declaring Denocte home. She swallowed, the force of the argument in her head causing her chest to heave and her heart to squeeze. What if she offered to help and brought only tragedy? What if her curse destroyed Denocte as it had Furae?

What if she failed?

Oculos, sensing her inner tumult, papped her gently with his snout. She looked down and the two of them locked their gaze and in his deep brown eyes she saw reflected the stars and the thin moon; she remembered all the times he would return to her Folly Tower with tales of the outside world, and she would dream of one day being free to adventure with him.

He did not move, but she felt his approval well up inside of her; it was an uncharacteristically serious and responsible emotion for him. It was enough to convince her of what she had to do.

She stepped forward-- perhaps a little more forcibly than she needed to, with a straight-legged step and her chest pridefully thrust into the air. She opened her mouth to speak-- then, remembering her graces, dipped into a quick curtsy-- before addressing the Sovereign: "Please, my lady, allow me to help," she began, her mind a bit of a churning mess-- how to offer her assistance without sounding like a pathetic boot-licker? "I know I am nobody-- not royal, nor descended from any rulers," not in Novus, anyhow, " but Denocte has become my home; I would like to show my gratitude to you and all of its people. I am educated, practiced in the virtues of etiquette, and will do whatever it takes-- go wherever it takes. "

Her uncle Syroc had been a fool-- a power-crazed, mad fool. Isra was nothing like him. None of these people were anything like him. "My last home was destroyed by the folly of powerful men; I would like to help you build a gentle, strong kingdom, to protect those who need it, and which people are proud to call home."
kassandra

-Which role(s) would you prefer to have for your character? Please rank your choices if there are more than one.
I'm hoping to have Kass take the role as Emissary! She's trained in etiquette, loves talking to people and learning, and desperately wants to travel the world. She's also nice and gentle and people tend to like her.

-If you are given a role how many posts can you comfortably commit to a month in the court boards on average, without feeling stressed out?
As many as there need to be! I'm currently averaging about 10 a month split between my two characters, but I'm definitely capable of doing more.

- Would you be willing to help with adopts, lore, plots, any court events?
Yes, PLEASE, I would love to!

-Do you have any events in mind that you would love to do?
Not off the top of my head, no, but then again I didn't think about taking a position until today, so x3

-What would you like to see done in Denocte?
Kass would want to do things that make people happy and care for those who may need it, so public works projects, and festivals, and the like. She would also like to spread Denoctian culture in, like, exchanges with other Courts.

-What would your character like to actually do IC?
I would like her to travel and meet people, and learn about the world; I would like her to make friends and be useful in Denoctian society and help keep peace in the Courts. I also want her to do things like, sit on councils, and do peaceful debates about things, and grow as a character by learning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Morrighan - 08-20-2019, 11:41 PM
RE: into deeper and deeper shades of night -- auditions - by Kassandra - 08-29-2019, 02:58 PM