Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Like Marisol, he should have known that Asterion was planning some great escape. Was it planned? Or was it simply coincidence. He had come to ask Asterion for permission to seek out Erd with the help of Ard. He had wanted his king’s blessing, in the event that their journey would take them to places neither one of them knew…that it might take them away from their court for some undisclosed amount of time. It had been just a short time ago that Asterion had named him Champion of Wisdom. He hadn’t understood Asterion’s reasons at the time, but perhaps he was finally beginning to see. Asterion had known that something would happen to him and he wanted Rhone there to support Marisol. His intentions may not have been said in so many words, but Rhone knew them to be true.

So when Marisol begins to speak, Rhone cannot help the way his body sighs. He already misses the bay stallion, so plain as he was. He misses the smile, the way he met his king upon the cliffs. So many stories and memories shared that would be cherished. It doesn’t help the ache he feels in his chest, but he knows he must be strong. He must be strong so others can grieve.

Corrdelia is the first of the group to speak and he listens silently. He can see strength in the mare and he knows her words to be true. She would be there to support her new queen, just as he would. The fact that she has medicinal knowledge is good. He doesn’t have much, but he is always willing to learn. He offers the mare a tender smile, one that showed quiet thanks.

He turns to look back at Marisol, intent to lock eyes with her so she knows he is being genuine and truthful. "I have lived many years, seen many kings and queens come and go…" He does not tell her that he was once a king of two mighty kingdoms. He does not tell her that he was born to lead, that it is where his heart has always lay. "…perhaps I can serve you as an advisor, as Asterion had appointed me to do. I hope my wealth of knowledge and experience can be of use to you." He knows that he has a lot to offer the mare, but he is unsure if she will want it. He has to admit that he does not know Marisol well, and his first impression had not been the greatest. Perhaps there was more to her than he understood. If Asterion trusted her, he should to.

Like Corrdelia, he turns to the crowd and he hopes that his voice will carry. He is of small stature, so reaching above the taller citizens might be hard. But he would try, he would always try. "And for anyone that just needs to talk, I am always here for any of you, young or old…big or small." He hopes that they can see a friend in him, someone that they can talk to and trust. Hopefully he could show them just how much Terastella means to him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting) - by Corrdelia - 09-03-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting) - by Rhone - 09-04-2019, 04:18 PM