Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In the Dark of the Night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The night was upon her, the moon hidden in the lunar cycle, the refracted light of the sun unable to highlight it into relief. With out the moon's glow to brighten the night, the stars were struggling to make up the difference, sparkling with a determination that continued to be swallowed up by the expanse of black. Even the galaxies, with their kaleidoscope of color were being eaten away by the darkness. It sucked in the light, suffocating it, so the night remained dark. Except it wasn't dark. Bel stood among the trees and foliage at the edge of the swamp, her head tilted to the sky as she stared into it's dark emptiness, eyes dancing from each pinpoint of light to the next. Despite the darkness stealing light from the surroundings, Bel glowed in defiance. Her eyes shone with a soft cyan, the two sets currently working in tangent, despite being capable of working independently from one another. The glows continued down her spine where small circles of color popped up along either side of her dorsal fin. Along her neck, her upper limbs and side, and down part of her aquatic tail, small squiggled lines of glow light was produced, keeping the area surrounding her glowing bright. The same glow surrounded the base of her tail, the edges of her hooves. Where the night was dark, Bel was bright.

It was once a protectiveness for the depths, glowing to draw in pray just as much as helping to see the herd around you when diving to the depths of the ocean where light failed to penetrate the waters. On land, it served a new purpose of providing the young mare light so she could travel safely. Tripping over roots - not a chance. Stumbling over a hole? The glow ensured she saw it. No matter the landscape, the terrain she was forced to  traverse, she wouldn't succumb to something silly like that . . . Though her lack of grace on land might contribute to a stumble . . . but she couldn't blame it on poor eyesight. The aquatic-equine moved forward, her hooves making soft slooping sounds as she stepped through the bogged down earth that tried to trap her limbs in thick mud. Her features twisted in distaste, but she didn't slow. The mud was a necessary obstacle for what she was properly searching for. She wanted the swamp waters, the waters that lay humid and stagnant, the land she was so curious about that was an odd mix of pond, or lake; and dry land. A swamp - a feature stuck between two places - much like she (although any look at the aquatic-appearing equine and it was easy to tell she was built more for the water than for the land).

The sloop slowly gave way to soft splashing, and as it did, water began to circle her limbs, slowly but growing higher as she turned her body towards the center of the location. She didn't spare a thought for any predators that might live in the area, her tail slapping the surface of the water delicately behind her. She didn't spare a thought for what she might look like, her body highlighted with cyan glow, her aquatic, finned features. She'd been mistaken for a kelpie, or hippocampus before. But as her limbs moved, her shoulders and hips shifting with muscles obviously connected to long limbs of earth-bound equine, she hoped no one would be alarmed stumbling upon her in the midst of the night. Though, who would be as wide awake as she was, and willing to transverse the dark swamp like she did. The possibility of discovering anyone on this new-moon night was slim in Bel's opinion. Mirror that with the fact that she wasn't well known in the Court yet - she did tend to keep to herself, being a solitary creature; she was hardly expecting company . . . although, Bel would be the first to admit, while seeming to fall into the path of a solitary being . . . company . . . friends based on land might not be too bad. Perhaps she should attempt to be more approachable, and meet new equine . . . . Starting maybe tomorrow - after all, in the dead of the night; who'd risk the darkness just to meet an aquatic-equine such as herself.

Thoughts
Speech

Notes: Open to anyone who wants to jump in. Figured with her odd cyan glow in the middle of an otherwise dark night, someone might notice it :3

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Rhone - 09-05-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Atlas - 09-05-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 09-05-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Rhone - 09-08-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 10-15-2019, 09:25 AM