Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In the Dark of the Night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

There was a part of the mare that was always amused by the interactions of those who met her for the first time, their expressions at seeing her and her odd appearance. The amusement was usually amplified if she was met at night, when the unnatural cyan glow would light up the world around her. No one expected a glowing horse - at least no one outside of the Pod who relied on the glow to keep tabs on each other, to scare of predators. It was a defense mechanism, an evolutionary advancement of unknown origin (unless you were to believe the Elder tales that it was a skill that hadn't been bred out after their travel between planets).

So she couldn't judge him for his rambling words - especially when you added into the fact that Bel herself could ramble like an awkward clown fish. His chuckle when she'd casually commented he hadn't been expecting a glowing horse had her smile slightly, relaxing that he was at least taking her oddness in stride himself, even as he admitted that it hadn't even made his list of possibilities, before admitting that he was glad to have stumbled upon her. She tilted her head to the side faintly, curious and confused as to why. He explained it quickly, that a swamp wasn't fun to wander around in after dark. She thought about it for a moment before nodding slightly. "I guess I've never considered the concern that it could cause - the walking through the dark. But, then again, it's not ever actually dark around me." She mused.

Of course, she had to just ramble then, her frilled ears flicking nervously, her fin shifting down her spine in her nervousness as she tried to be friendly, to be welcoming and not create an awkward conversation with the land-horse she was speaking with. She must sound so silly - but his soft, friendly smile helped to relax her a touch more, before he reassured her, telling her that he liked the glowing - that the color suits her. She blinked in surprise, before she smiled brightly, dipping her head delicate, "Thank you . . . I'm rather fond of the hue myself. It carries better underwater too." She added, remembering some of the members of the pod who had complained about their colors not being bright enough. Shard himself had complained more than once that the red glow was extremely difficult to have to get used to. Arctic Flower had a black glow that she regularly huffed about being completely useless in the darker depths.

It was then she offered to give directions, though as she started to attempt to point out the direction, she could feel herself getting lost and confused - pointing awkwardly to one direction and then another before giving up. "I though I'd had paid better attention then that. I'm sorry I couldn't be of better assistance - but I'd be happy to help you look for a way out; three sets of eyes have to be better than two - right?" She asked, even as her primary set was focused on him, and the second set was glancing around for any variations in the shades and shadows of the swamp that might point to an exit. She could return to playing in the waters after if necessary.

And then a commotion startled her - she having not noticed another's approach in time, and her gaze watching the reptile retreat. Just as the other seemed to struggle with his footing, the ground of the swamp suddenly changed - almost like grass beneath the muddy waters, and the mare jumped with one hoof curling up towards her chest is surprise, the mud hardening and seeming to disappear and grass grew up the sides of the water's edge. The other gave name to the unknown stallion and Bel's attention turned back to them as the ground seemed to continue to shift around the first stallion - she realized she didn't know his name yet - introductions hadn't even been thought upon. He spoke of magic, the ground being easier to move and Bel felt surprise flair once more. Magic - she'd heard about it - knew even now there was some telekinetic abilities with in her that she didn't use, wasn't familiar enough to use, felt no reason to use. This magic was just as foreign as being on land to the aquatic equine.

It made as little sense as a Shark snacking on seaweed. And suddenly she had a name for him, Rhone, and he formally introduced the other as Atlas. Bel smilled slightly, dipping her head to both - Rhone first and Atlas second, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you both, although circumstances could have been better. My name is Below Zero, but I go by Bel for convenience. And it is less of a mouthful." She paused, glancing at Rhone, curious about this magic, "That was . . . you then? Making the earth reshape?" She asked curiously, eyes wide, "How does it work?" She immediately followed up before her features shifted in apology, "I'm sorry, that was a touch rude and demanding of me. Beneath the sea we don't exactly utilize magic where I come from . . . the idea of magic being normal on Novus . . . is still something to get used to. I forget about the telekinetic thing all of the time." She added in apology.

Thoughts
Speech
@'atlas' @Rhone
Notes: I was gonna try and hold off on a reply until Sunny could - I'm a stickler for posting orders usually - but I still want this thread continued so I figured I'd post again anyway. I hope no one minds <3

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Rhone - 09-05-2019, 04:36 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Atlas - 09-05-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 09-05-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Rhone - 09-08-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: In the Dark of the Night - by Below Zero - 10-15-2019, 09:25 AM