Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - not strong enough to stay away

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Magic to Rhone means more than his own life. He has always been graced with magic, more magic than he really probably needed or wanted. He had been able to control the earth, fire, air, water, light, and all psychic ability. He had been more powerful than many and yet, he had been humbled with his gifts, only using them for good and not for personal gain. The gods and goddesses that he worshiped had blessed him. Brighton, Galadriel, Altus, Courant, Elyria, Paduan, and Tazewell. All these gods and goddesses had blessed Rhone, giving him their gifts so he might share them with the world. Rhone had always worshiped them and they had blessed him over and over again.

But here, here in Novus Rhone was not nearly as powerful as he had once been. Most of his gifts had been stripped from him and yet, the gift that had started it all had been restored to him. Brighton had followed him here, giving him the ability to bless the land. And ever since he had made his home in Terrastella, Rhone had made sure to leave this place a little better than he had found it. He would continue to do so until the day the gods felt so inclined to take his magic from him yet again.

He looks up at her, looking at her with a soft gaze. He could see the awe and wonder there and it made his heart happy. This was why he had his magic, to bring joy to others who might not have it. Her joy was the reason he kept planting trees and flowers. "I have been very blessed." He would never take his magic for granted, never use it for ill gain. This was his gift and he intended to keep on giving.

He asks if she has come here to remember Asterion too, knowing that this was the very place Asterion used to come and reflect. It hurt his heart to know that the bay stallion would never have a partner to watch the sunset with. And based on the expression in Marisol’s eyes, he had a feeling she felt the same. "I miss him terribly. He was a good friend when I first arrived." Granted, Rhone didn’t have very many friends at all, but Asterion had been one of the first to greet him, to welcome him home and make him feel like he belonged here. As he looked out over the cliffs, he said a silent prayer that wherever Asterion was, he had made it to his destination safely.

He turns back to Marisol, to look her in the eye with a purpose. He can see that she is unsure, that she is scared…even if she might not admit to it. It was a lot to take on, to take on a kingdom with no direction who had just lost their king. He had been in her shoes once… "You will be a fine queen, Marisol." He says it with confidence, although he is unsure. He does not know Marisol very well. He does not know if she has what it takes to be queen. But Asterion had elected her as his right hand man and that meant something to Rhone.

He took a step closer to her, moving around the giant oak tree and the lilies. His eyes were soft as they rested on her own, willing her to understand the genuine words he was about to speak. "I have not told many, but I think you deserve to know…" He let his voice trail off, giving her time to draw her full attention to him. "I have been in your shoes before, learning to lead a kingdom who had lost its king. The road is not easy, but know I am here to help in any way I can." Not many knew that he had once been a king. Not many knew much about his past at all. They didn’t know of his mistakes, of his bad choices, of his inability to be a good family man. He had kept most of that to himself. But right now, Marisol needed a vote of confidence. And if telling her that he would help her because of his past would help her lead, then he would do so with confidence.

@Marisol

Messages In This Thread
not strong enough to stay away - by Rhone - 09-10-2019, 03:50 PM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Marisol - 09-12-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Rhone - 09-26-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Marisol - 09-29-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Rhone - 10-04-2019, 06:24 AM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Marisol - 10-05-2019, 10:02 PM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Rhone - 10-10-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Marisol - 10-29-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: not strong enough to stay away - by Rhone - 11-05-2019, 08:20 AM