Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - under wing

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

the witching hour
The twins join her inside along with their feline companions, although she can tell they are a bit unsure. Hāsta is not impressed with the company and makes more grumbly noises under her breath, then flies up to her usual perch. She stares down at them all, but is mostly judging the children and isn't sure of them.

"Don't mind her, she's never in a good mood," Corr muses before making her way into the kitchen. She is stopped by Leonidas' comment of the darkness and the mare becomes apologetic. "Oh, sorry my dears. I've been keeping it darker to stay cool in here. With that sun never setting out there, it can get pretty warm!"

She immediately lights the candles placed along the walls and it starts to light up the room a bit more. If anything, it makes her clutter more noticeable, but to Corr, it's an organized type of chaos. There are several bookshelves along the walls with stacks of books on the floor, dried herbs hanging from the ceiling along with potted plants, skulls and other mystical objects covering the countertops. It appears as if the woman has no space to do anything, yet somehow she still works around it.

After she sets up the candles, she remembers the boy had asked a question before mentioning how dark it had been. "Also yes, I do sleep alone, but I much prefer it that way. More room to stretch out my legs!"

Corr makes her way back to the kitchen and over to the boy's side where he's picked out a flavor of tea containing elderberries. "Of course you can, darling! And yes, I can show you magic after. This one is elderberry, a magnificent booster of the immune system," she explains while picking up the blend from her stash and setting it aside. She sets her teapot by the fire to begin heating up the water.

"Alright, while that's setting up- let me explain a little something about magic to you two," Corr says, sitting down in front of the pair as if she's about to teach a lesson. "It's a beautiful thing, but it's not always visible. With me, I have a special ability to make spiritual and emotional connections with others and the guardian spirits. I'm still working on it, but someday I should be able to help you feel happier when you're sad. For now, I make all those teas that will do the same and they taste good!"

She then points with her wing to the table by the fireplace with a couple decks of cards set neatly together. "Over there is my reading table. I use the cards to connect to the spirit realm and they're able to tell me special messages about myself or others. Would you two like to see what they say?" Her eyes are wide with excitement and anticipation. The cards are her favorite and she hopes that the kids might be just as interested as she had been when she was their age.

@Aster @Leonidas wanted to get this table out there before the season passed ;D <3
"Speaking."
Art by mOilacake; Table by Layla

Messages In This Thread
under wing - by Corrdelia - 09-10-2019, 10:04 PM
RE: under wing - by Aster - 09-22-2019, 02:23 PM
RE: under wing - by Leonidas - 10-04-2019, 08:59 AM
RE: under wing - by Corrdelia - 10-08-2019, 09:19 PM
RE: under wing - by Aster - 10-15-2019, 11:18 PM
RE: under wing - by Leonidas - 10-27-2019, 09:11 AM
RE: under wing - by Corrdelia - 10-30-2019, 10:37 PM