Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - come with me now

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 44 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

be the it, girl

Mama said, fulfill the prophecy be something greater, go make a legacy, manifest destiny, back in the days we wanted everything, wanted everything. Mama said, burn your biographies, rewrite your history, light up your wildest dreams, museum victories, every day we wanted everything, wanted everything.

The prison is one of the coolest places Charlie had ever seen, and she wishes she could have spent all day exploring every corner of the whole place. “We’re gonna have to remember where it is, Indy,” she says as she trots along, splaying her wings out to catch her feathers on the passing breeze. She definitely wants to come back eventually, but right now they’re on a very important mission.

The third message had been more confusing, as Commander Marisol had read it out to her and her new friend Sirius. ‘One great eye…’ Charlie has spent a lot of time by the ocean and never seen any giant eyes looking out of it. Or one eye, for that matter.

The filly is picturing all kinds of huge beasts. Sea serpents, giant squids, the list of creatures with giant eyes that could look out from the sea is bigger than one would think.

Then there is that line about things that eat but don’t have a mouth. Charlie can’t think of a single animal that eats without a mouth (which unfortunately rules out sea serpents and giant squids). But the harder she thinks about it, she remembers something she heard some of the cadets talking about back at the barracks. A place that had been overgrown by plants.

And then she remembers that one time she got tricked into learning when she went wandering into Fiona’s shop by accident and Fiona decided to teach her about plants. Boring.

But plants eat, kind of. Fiona had said they make food, from the sun and water and other things like that. And if this message is talking about that place, that the cadets were talking about, it’s someplace near the end of Terrastella’s southernmost point.

Charlie has never gone that far down the coast before, but she is more than ready to go there today, as she bounds through the grass with Indy atop her head. “Do you think it’s the place, Commander Marisol? What’s it look like?” The filly glances up at the woman with bright vermillion eyes, wide with a hungry curiosity.

The young pegasus spends a lot of time at the Halcyon’s current barracks and training grounds, but she can’t imagine them having a whole island to themselves. If that’s true, it must be pretty cool, and as they follow the cliffs all the way west and down, down, down, she hopes it’s true. Past the court walls and beyond, Charlie can imagine nothing more exciting than getting to do missions like this all the time.
@Sirius @Marisol here we go folks
credits

[Image: 13222742_95oVYzdeR5MVhK5.png]
you and i, we're pioneers
we make our own rules

Messages In This Thread
come with me now - by Charlotte - 09-11-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: come with me now - by Sirius - 09-15-2019, 03:17 PM
RE: come with me now - by NPC Account - 09-16-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: come with me now - by Charlotte - 10-19-2019, 01:56 PM
RE: come with me now - by NPC Account - 10-22-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: come with me now - by Sirius - 12-13-2019, 06:06 PM