Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ' ' one by one the ants go marching down *

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tuolouse

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

He can feel her amusement - it’s bleeding from her every pore, coloring the air around them until it chafes against his skin and sets his jaw tightly in a smile he refuses to let drop. Even through the insult, and the laughter, and the soft purr of her voice, he smiles. And all the while he thinks that she does not know the rage that coils like a snake inside of his chest, or how close it is to striking.

If he was more like his brother today, he might have already snapped.

But he is not a wolf today, hungry and pacing at the door of a lamb; he needs her, the same way she needs him. So despite the turmoil growing inside of him he laughs along with her and tries to not let his voice sound too sharp, tries to not let his teeth glint too brightly in the Terrastellan sun.

”And what sort of story would you like to hear?” he asks her, as he settles down and pulls his hair into a tight bun (the sea spray was making it curled and knotted already, hanging heavily against his neck). ”I can tell you what a dozen different worlds are like, and what sort of monsters tread the waters separating them. Or maybe you would prefer a love story, a modern Romeo and Juliet?” Never mind the fact that both of them died in the end; maybe that would be them, sinking each other beneath the waves.

The island is waiting for them though, and he’s happy to let her talk of goddesses and favor and sacrifice if it means bringing him one step closer to Prudence.

Toulouse tears his eyes from the island to look at her, even as she turns to look at him. And for just a moment he is quiet, pondering her words. But then his lips split into a smile, and laughter pours forth like the waves.

”You have no idea,” he smiles wickedly. ”Perhaps Vespera should smite me where I stand - the things I’ve done may be too much for even a goddess to pardon.”

And he’s only half-joking.

@Juniper 
wow this has been so long, but i’m happy to continue if you are??

enfanir

Messages In This Thread
RE: ' ' one by one the ants go marching down * - by Tuolouse - 09-15-2019, 03:37 PM
RE: ' ' one by one the ants go marching down * - by Tuolouse - 10-20-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: ' ' one by one the ants go marching down * - by Tuolouse - 02-11-2020, 12:19 PM