Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Baphomet

Queen of Seduction
Baphomet slid into the castle, staring at the massive golden lion that seemed to be calling to those within the realm. She had missed the chance to meet with the former sovereign, though his deeds were tails that seemed whispered by the winds. Raum... He was unworthy to hold power. The striking chimera mare tossed her head and smiled at the feeling of her golden crown settling back into place. The golden tooth ran down the center of her face in an almost painful scrape and made her shudder. Golden bangles on her forelegs clinked and glowed in the light of the flames.

"I may be new to the realm, but I desire to make our home better and erase the stains of Raum. Let Solis and the realm herself judge me for either good, or ill. I desire to take your challenge. She murmured to the lion, Baphomet's voice soft and reverent as she spoke of her chosen god. Deep within her, a love for him that almost bordered upon lust roiled and begged to be freed. Taking a deep breath, she turned to the flames.

A tremor of fear spiked in her stomach as she gazed at the flames. Baphomet loved the seductive heat, but the idea of stepping into the fire was one that made her pause. On one hand, she risked ruining her beautiful pelt and even her golden jewelry that she was so fond of. On the other... Well, death could ruin her as well. Taking a few cleansing breaths, she stepped closer to the seductive heat and closed her golden eyes.

"Solis. Hear my plea. If I am the one you feel best suited to the throne, let me move through the flames without harm. Let me prove my loyalty to you. Please, dont let me die... Her words were for the god himself, nearly inaudible over the crackling hisses of the flames before her. Taking a few moments to listen for a response, she opened her eyes and stared at the dancing oranges and yellows before her. A few swallows cleared the lump in her throat as she tried to make her hooves work to step forward. Once the fit of nerves passed, she began her trek to the flames and hopefully through...

"Speaking."

@ - Notes:
credits

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Chaosy

Great! How old are you?
29 (until the end of November lol)

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
off site yes. I loved the challenge of it and it gave me so much drive to post and be active.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
I am excited mostly about the community and the people here, but the fun swp stuff and keeping the site very hands on rather than characters just rping threads randomly.

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Solterra?
Baphomet is strong and proud, both of where she belongs and her own strengths. She has a tendency to study battle tactics and try to figure out the best way to win any possible battle that is thrown her way. While she is admittedly power-hungry, she also has a moral compass that is just and honest. She wants to better her realm and those in it in any way that she can. She might not be the most playful, but she does have kindness buried within if you are able to win her trust and she will use that hidden kindness to rule the realm as well as she possibly can.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
Her first goal would be to try to make connections with the other courts, for good or ill. She wants to know where Solterra stands with the rest and what she can do to make their political standing stronger. Baph will hold meetings where the members of her court can bring forth issues that need the sovereign's attention and will make note and plan what to do about them as it fits the realm and helps it. This is not to say that she will be overly kind and allow everything, nor overly cruel and dismiss them all. They will be looked at on a case by case basis and decided upon from there. While she is the sovereign, she will listen to council and try to make decisions that help the entire realm. She is not always bad. She is a vain creature at heart, so the largest way to try to connect with her subjects would be balls and the like. Times when those that wish to can come to the court and mingle while dressing their best and feeling good about how they appear.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I would love the chance to push Baphomet to become more than the power hungry seductress that she is and try to do something good for the realm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Baphomet - 09-15-2019, 06:57 PM
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Orestes - 09-15-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Ramses - 09-20-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Aghavni - 09-27-2019, 07:45 PM