Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ramses

HE'D HEARD IT,
the whispers upon that arid breeze, the fall of the tyrant Raum. The very heart of Solterra was missing and he’d recognized it immediately for the desert reacted quickly to the absence. The sand under his hooves swelled and shook, the earth felt it and trembled in response. The coyote heard it, over and over, a challenge, a request and an order. Solterra needed a sovereign and she demanded vengeance for the last imposter who’d sat on her throne. The call was everywhere and something deep in his chest roared, he couldn’t ignore it.

Ramses had always been intrigued by the lives of politicians, with their carefully worded lies and polished expressions. They let nothing penetrate their facade but their lives behind closed doors remained completely up to them and the riches they held. The man smirked at the seductive thoughts and for once, he needed to act.

The Davke had been hidden long enough, they’d been murdered and wronged, it was time for the world to know they hadn’t been driven to extinction. They’d been nothing but rumors whispered across the sands, their presence unknown to the rest of Solterra and he couldn’t help the anger that clawed up his throat. He was aware of what Zolin had done to their people, to Avdotya, the avenger of their tribe. Ramses had never earned his spear but he’d been immersed in the Davke’s culture since his birth. His ancestors had lived in the Mors, his blood ran thick with their history and he was expected to uphold that legacy. Despite that, the boy wasn’t entirely fit for the savage band. The red coated child had always wanted more, he’d wanted to learn and grow and be something different. However, he hadn’t lost the primal nature he’d inherited from that wild group who called the Mors their home. It was time… he needed to go, he felt as though he could provide something that had been ignored for years, balance. Solterra had been victim to brutality for far too long, it was time for the people to understand the ruthlessness and beauty that could be found in the desert. They needed to once again understand what it meant to be children of Solis.

~

These thoughts bounced around inside the stallion’s head as he approached the capitol, the taste of salt upon his tongue as the sun reflected off the distant sea. He hadn’t seen the capitol in years and he was unimpressed with Raum’s alterations. Ramses couldn’t help but scoff at the poverty he witnessed as he moved easily down the quiet streets. How could the rest of Solterra allow this? How could a ruler allow his people to suffer so openly? During his youth, they’d all cared for each other and kept one another alive. That was the rule of the desert, without the tribe, you wouldn’t survive. But it was so silent, it seemed that the capitol was a great sleeping beast, it seemed to be waiting for something...

He was still in the street when he felt the heat that radiated from the palace. The man flicked his short tail as his ears pointed eagerly towards the very center of Solterra. He climbed the steps and found himself within the smoldering remains of Solis’s kingdom. The pure disgust that appeared on his face was well warranted as he swilleved his sorrel face left and right, his mottled lips pursed. No wonder Solis had sent the great leonine figure, a god in his own right, to guard the throne shielded by a wall of hungry fire. His crimson eyes landed upon those flames as they licked at the air, a challenge and a request.

The stallion lifted his head, not because he wasn’t afraid but because he respected the immensity of what was before him, he knew better than to cower. Solterra was not a place for weakness, it allowed only the strong to survive. Ramses nodded towards the guardian, his cherry red eyes hooded by thick lashes as an ancient voice echoed in his mind, filled with the wisdom of eons.

“Solterra will burn the unrighteous. This fire is Solterra. Do you really believe you are called by Solterra? What makes you think that her fires will not burn you? Fools!”

“Let her burn me for my unworthiness if that is her wish. I’d rather be ashes on the wind then be unfit,” the coyote whispered with a sly smile, it was only truth that poured from his maw.

The creature within him clawed and screamed, locked behind his ribcage, hidden in a prison of bone. This wasn’t the time to unleash his primitive nature, not yet. Solterra would see it anyways, she’d know what he was and what he hoped to bring to the land of never ending sun.

“For if Solis deems me unfit, let me burn and join him once again for that is the will of my people,” he prayed so silently it was barely a breath in the sweltering warmth of the room.
A wry smile appeared on his lips as he stepped into the fray.

@tag "speaks"
rallidae

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Cass (pending username change)

Great! How old are you?

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Yes, I have! I really enjoyed being such a central part of the culture and dynamics of the land. I can’t really think of what I didn’t like… except for maybe activity requirements but that is obviously needed.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
Honestly, a large part of what originally brought me to Novus over a year ago were the people. I’d known several of them for years and when I heard of this wonderful new world where we could write safely and enjoy a world filled with lore and culture,  I couldn’t help but jump on it.
I guess that’s all I can say, I just adore the atmosphere, the depth and the wonderful people that make up this community. It really is unique.

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Solterra?

I think Ramses is the perfect candidate given that he was one of the Davke. He knows almost all the parts of Solterra inside and out and though he isn’t well versed with politics, I think it would be a good change. He’s authentic and everything that Solterra used to be. I think his nature will be good for Solterra, he is honest and open to learning anything and everything. Given his heritage, I think his ideas could be refreshing for Solterra.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?

I have visions for Solterra and so does Ramses. He is deeply angered by the murder of the Davke and the poverty he’s seen in the capitol. Ramses will seek to restore Solterra and for awhile, perhaps do something similar to closing its borders and allowing the citizens to recuperate. For some time, Ramses will focus on the people and restore their pride in each other and their nation. He also will rededicate the nation to Solis and all the sun god provides.
Ramses will allow the people to have a voice, having meetings every other season or so to make sure they are being heard.
Ramses will also instill the rule of “help your neighbor” sort of belief. This belief will also stem from the Davke but will be less harsh, each member is meant to watch out for their neighbors and without them, they wouldn’t survive.

One of the events I have in mind stems from Seraphina’s reign which will be the Sun Festival. This festival will celebrate life, new beginnings and fertility, which is a huge factor in Davke culture. For this celebration, I imagine a sun filled courtyard filled with laughing, dancing and heat. In the center of the courtyard I see like a large crystal that will refract the sun’s light? I haven’t hammered those details out but I have so many ideas for this festival.

I have another idea for an event based off the Davke’s beliefs which will be called “The Hunt” I think this event would be super fun! This event will be dedicated to the females in the territory and in this event, they will get to choose their partner. If a male isn’t chosen, it means that no female saw him strong enough or worthy enough to be chosen. Given that the females are the life givers and seen as superior to the males in the Davke, this could be a fun way to bring the tribe’s beliefs to light. The night they spend with their partner will be just outside the city, in the desert and it doesn’t necessarily mean anything more than talking, dancing or drinking. However, there will be a lit path that the pairs are meant to follow into the desert, a representation of following Solis’s light. At the end of the path, a very beautiful and full feast will be given to the participants to enjoy.

Eventually, Ramses will branch out and open trade with other nations. However, he will first build a strong standing army and reinstate the colosseum so the aggression of the citizens of Solterra can be expressed in a positive way. There will be tournaments and celebrity fighters if they can prove their worth. I think this would be super fun, especially if there were large awards for the champions.

I have so many more ideas, these are just a few!

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Honestly, I am so excited to be active again! I am no longer going to school and only work twice a week so I should have more than enough time to be active! I am so excited to be given this opportunity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Baphomet - 09-15-2019, 06:57 PM
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Orestes - 09-15-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Ramses - 09-20-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: The Dawning of Solterra [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Aghavni - 09-27-2019, 07:45 PM