Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - unfinished business

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

A LITTLE MAYHEM NEVER HURT ANYONE

Grueling tensions // Want me in a spiral // I'm waiting to unravel // Twisted motives // Drive me in a circle // I'm dying to untangle

Something changed after that day on the mountains.

When Morrighan found Bram struggling with the gryphon, she had half a mind to let him die there. Every fiber of her being wanted it to happen. It brought her back to the Great War against the canines and how she had failed. Instead of coming up on top and being the victor, she was thrown into blackness and arrived on Novus. There was always a bitter taste on her tongue after that, even after coming to terms with Novus and Denocte being her new home. She never forgave the canines for destroying her home and her life.

Then he appeared. Here and there she saw his form in the shadows, out of the corner of her eye and along the horizon. It wasn't until that day on the mountains where she finally came face to face with him.

He should have died, but she was weak.

She had felt Caligo's burning eyes on her skin, just like that day of the snowstorm when she was compelled to save the colt. After that, she had been gifted back her magic (by some strange coincidence, she wasn't entirely sure) and, she couldn't deny that she was grateful. Every day her magic was becoming more powerful, but this time around had been different. She had told Bram she never wanted to see him again, but instead the complete opposite was happening. If anything, it was worse than seeing him.

She will not stop hearing his voice. It doesn't come through all the time, but something changed between the two of them after that day. Somehow they can communicate telepathically and she is now more infuriated than ever.

As she emerges from the woods and comes upon the lake, she looks at the form of a timber wolf with fire in her eyes. Her hooves are growing hotter with heat but they do not spark flames just yet.

"You came," Bram says through telepathy, a hint of surprise in his tone. He had asked her to meet her here since she demanded he explain.

"I did, now talk," Morrighan responds back, her nostrils flaring.

"We are connected - bonded. It happened after the mountains when you saved me."

"Clearly that was a mistake. I spared your life, I didn't ask to be paired with you or whatever the fuck this is."

Bram laughs, his sharp canines glinting white. "You don't get to choose. It's the gods who decide, usually they call it a gift."

Morrighan laughs back, louder but more out of disbelief. "A gift, huh?" She gets closer to the wolf until they are almost an inch away from each others' faces. The whites of her eyes are now showing from how frustrated she is and her hooves have made burn marks in the ground from where she walked.

"What happens if I take that gift away? Maybe I can finish what the gryphon started?" she threatens out loud.

The timber wolf doesn't flinch, only offers a sly smile before bursting into laughter. This does nothing to quell Morrighan's anger. Flames suddenly burst to life from her feet and they quickly rise higher and higher until the tips are almost singeing the wolf's fur. Bram steps back now, but does not appear frightened. She feels determined now and everything in her is screaming, until -

There is a cracking noise coming from the woods and it breaks the mare's concentration. She whips her head around and her eyes are wild.

"Who goes there?" she calls out, nostrils still flaring. Whoever they were, they better have a good reason for coming here.

Especially since out of the corner of her eye, she sees Bram slip away and run off towards another section of the woods. Fucker.

@Michael got a bit carried away here, sorry about that xD Morr is just mad and in denial about her bonded

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
unfinished business - by Morrighan - 09-22-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: unfinished business - by Michael - 10-03-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: unfinished business - by Morrighan - 10-06-2019, 06:25 PM
RE: unfinished business - by Michael - 10-09-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: unfinished business - by Morrighan - 10-15-2019, 09:24 PM
RE: unfinished business - by Michael - 10-20-2019, 11:24 PM
RE: unfinished business - by Morrighan - 10-24-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: unfinished business - by Michael - 11-04-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: unfinished business - by Morrighan - 11-08-2019, 06:54 PM