Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Time makes fools of us all

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

A LITTLE MAYHEM NEVER HURT ANYONE

At first, Eik's response is not surprising. Going from a desert to woods and an ocean breeze is indeed very different. The change in climate would be something to adjust to as well. But when he says the Courts are similar, Morrighan stares in disbelief. She saw no similarities between the two other than Raum had lived in both.

Eik then mentions not knowing what to do with himself here other than being a civilian. She doesn't know what he did before in the Day Court, but whatever it had been must've lost its appeal, or didn't pertain here. She doesn't know what to suggest without knowing his strengths and weaknesses. "Well, just simply being loyal to the Court - and to Isra - is important. Whether or not you have an official rank," she finally says. In her mind, they could always use more soldiers, but those who represented the backbone of the Court also needed to put their heart into it.

As Morrighan takes another sip of her drink, the man observes that she's not from Novus. She squints at him, but more out of suspicion than annoyance. What gave her away?

"No, I'm not," she replies nonchalantly. Perhaps it's the way she reacts to the markets. While she's more used to the noise, she always looks at the merchants and their wares like a foreigner. There are so many items and food she never had in Ourania. Even being here as long as she has, she still hasn't been fully exposed to it all.

It's his last question that really surprises Morrighan. They stop walking and she stops drinking before she can finish the last sip. "You're really questioning my loyalty?" she asks, still in a bit of a shock. It's quite the question to ask someone like her and for Eik being new to Denocte, he's being quite ballsy. At the same time, the fact he doesn't have faith in her loyalty rubs her the wrong way. For a moment, small sparks come up from her hooves.

"If you must know, I came from a land called Ourania. We were at war with the wolves who also lived there and it was during the battle that I somehow got thrown here. The Court took me in despite being an outsider and then Isra was taken," she explains, remembering the meeting Moira had held to tell them this very news. Back then, she barely knew the woman and she finds it funny how much things have changed since. "It was during that meeting that I knew I needed to step in and do something. I felt in their debt somehow. So, I became a soldier and prepared to fight. I helped catch one of Raum's minions who set the markets on fire also." That still made her proud, especially considering how he had run away twice. She doesn't mention that Boudika was there to help as it's not a detail she feels will help her case at the moment.

Morrighan looks at the man now with a brow raised, wondering if this is the answer he's looking for. She feels torn as he's not anyone she needs to impress, but at the same time he is because he's Isra's mate. The rank of Warden should be enough to tell where someone held their loyalty considering how important the role is.

She decides to throw a curveball of her own at him. "Why does Isra trust you?" she asks with a glint in her eye.

Answer carefully.

@Eik <3
"Speaking."
Art by Nifty-boi; Table code by Nettlebird; Modified by Layla

Messages In This Thread
Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 09-25-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Morrighan - 09-25-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 09-28-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Morrighan - 10-01-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 10-05-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Morrighan - 10-12-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 10-18-2019, 08:48 PM