Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Time makes fools of us all

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

A LITTLE MAYHEM NEVER HURT ANYONE

"I don't know you, but I'd like to."

It's not something that Morrighan has heard before. Most others want little to do with her, especially as soon as they see the sparks of her embers or the whites in her eyes. She usually prefers it this way. Maybe it's the booze bringing it forward, but there is a little hint of loneliness under her many layers. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to have a friend.

Talking about her old homeland makes her feel nostalgic. She remembers the dense conifer forest of Eden, the rolling hills of Anemone and the trailing smoke from Vulcanis. Most of all, she remembers the menacing appearance of the Rift and the way the wind howled through the gap in the earth. There is a warm feeling in her mind as the memories flow through. She looks down at her cup and wonders just how much she's let herself drink.

"I do," she answers sadly to the question of missing Ourania. She will always be a part of that land, even if it feels like ages ago now. It's a strange thing to consider given that she had been a century-old immortal being back in those lands. Here she is nothing more than a mortal, but Novus and Denocte have felt more like home than ever before. Something about it is just different, but in a good way. Even if she had been too stubborn to admit to it before.

The mare does not tell Eik this, but simply leaves it at- "But Denocte is my home now. I wouldn't have it any other way." And it's true. She's grown roots here and it just feels… comfortable. Right.

He finds her question of Isra's trust amusing, but it had been an honest question. Why would their queen trust and love someone from Solterra? Not only is it far, but not much good has come from that Court from what Morrighan can tell. They keep walking for a few more moments and they are left in silence. She wonders if he'll explain himself a little more or if that's all she's getting out of him, but then he speaks again.

The thought of Isra before sovereign-ship intrigues her. This was well before Morr's time in Novus and she didn't hear of this before. She supposes everyone needs to start somewhere, but she has always seen the mare as a driving force. What are her roots?

"What was she like before?" she asks with a tilt of her head. Before she can catch herself, the words spill out of her mouth. "How did you two meet?"

Yeah, it's definitely the booze.

@Eik <3
"Speaking."
Art by Nifty-boi; Table code by Nettlebird; Modified by Layla

Messages In This Thread
Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 09-25-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Morrighan - 09-25-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 09-28-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Morrighan - 10-01-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 10-05-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Morrighan - 10-12-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: Time makes fools of us all - by Eik - 10-18-2019, 08:48 PM