Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

we're climbing until we transcend
higher, higher to where the skies end

For a moment, there is a feeling of pride that swells through her when she sees others on the sidelines slinking away as she walks forward. It reminds her of how those in her kingdom reacted once she finally gained the power of fire. No one could touch her then, even the strongest of the bullies. Here, she'd love to see anyone try. Even with her magic not being as strong as it used to, she can feel it growing stronger by the day. Soon she'd be able to light a bonfire as tall as the ones in the markets with a blink of an eye.

It's too bad Morrighan can't do that now as it would surely come in handy. She could set Raum's memorial in complete flames just long enough to destroy every last bit of his memory, then snuff it out before it got to the other altars. The thought is wonderful but nothing but a dream at this point.

August explains that he runs an establishment in town, but doesn't explain the name or what they do. It provides little reassurance to her suspicion, so she gives the man a look to portray this. "And what kind of establishment is this, exactly?" the mare asks with impatience in her tone. If he was doing anything stupid or dangerous, she'd like to know so she could put an end to it immediately. Something tells her that the man may not be willing to give such details out easily, but she'd have no problem forcing it out of him if needed.

He also explains how the influx of visitors is good - this fact escapes Morrighan, but simply because she has yet to understand the inner workings of the markets. But it's what the man says towards the end that really grabs her attention. She wonders if he had seen anything from her skirmish with Moira and Boudika (although mostly Moira). News would likely travel fast or their voices had probably carried over the crowd.

"Well, someone made Raum a memorial," she begins, dropping the ball immediately, but not disclosing who she had been dealing with. "Unless you and your colleagues know who did that, it may be too late to catch the asshole responsible. Although-" she stops walking for a moment, her lips pulling into a smirk. "If your 'establishment' consists of spies, I would love to find out who frequents his memorial. Personally, I think anyone who mourns a man like that is a traitor to the Court. If you're willing to find this information out for me, I can work out something for you in return." Morrighan raises a brow, hoping she's speaking the man's language now. "Then, I'd love to destroy the damn memorial once it's provided the information I need."

She isn't even sure if she can trust the man, but this will surely be a test. The mare hadn't even considered such a plan until August had made his offer. Now that it's out there, she can feel a bit of trouble stirring in the air. Only in this case, her reasons are for the greater good of the Court and having such valuable information will give her more to bring to Isra. Surely her queen would not appreciate such bullshit in the Court and having anymore names to give her will be helpful. She already plans to mention what happened with Moira and Boudika, but if there is anyone else...

@August ooo I like where this is going -eyes-

"Speaking."
credits
credits

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by August - 10-02-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by Morrighan - 10-06-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by August - 10-08-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by Morrighan - 10-13-2019, 11:16 AM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by August - 10-23-2019, 12:52 PM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by Morrighan - 10-27-2019, 11:23 PM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by August - 01-08-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: [FALL] young bloods can't be settling down; - by Morrighan - 01-12-2020, 01:15 PM