Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - no more alone or myself could I be

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

AION

He had heard the saying, “first impressions are everything.” There had even been a time that he had lived by this rule, adopting it as his mantra as he dressed day by day in crisp fabrics and a fake smile, facing the crowds to put on an exhausting performance. It really was a shame that Aion had seen through this act in the end—near-death experiences seemed to have had a negative effect on his mentality—and had dropped it as if it were a venomous snake placed upon his shoulders. Nowadays his “first impression” was enough to scare many off, or at the very least leave them with a sour enough taste in their mouths to not seek a second meeting. And he hasn’t yet regretted his change in temperament; it was, after all, far less tiring to simply piss people off than to try to please the masses.

His head snapped up at the sound of the intruder’s chuckle, taken by surprise at the sudden arrival. Were it possible for his ears to disappear any further into his densely-packed feathers to showcase his distaste, they would; as it were, his scowl merely deepened as he turned to face the chocolate hued man. Of course it would be as soon as he gave into his loneliness that someone would show up to break it, a reality he immediately resented. 

Even so, he took a moment to glance over this visitor stiffly, making sure to exaggerate his appraisal as he looked him up then down once and only once. He prided himself on this ability to gather all he desired to know from a single evaluation: from the gypsy chains to the easy way the mahogany stallion held himself he found disagreement with. It seeded a bitterness that took root and festered deep within his gut, seizing his body in a tense posture that appeared quite the opposite to the relaxed, even friendly appearance he was presented with. What more information did he need? Nor did he wish to know more about him; he merely wanted him to disappear back into the trees from whence he came, to leave himself to wallow back into his pity and self despair. 

”Water can’t slap back unless there is someone to control it.” He answered cooly, ever the voice of reason and science, as frost entered his tone and hardened his cerulean gaze. Perhaps he tried too hard sometimes, to appear as standoffish as possible, but yet again he dismissed the social construct first impressions had become. ”Don’t tell me you are capable of such a feat?” Of course there was nothing to base his derision off of; for all he knew, this stallion might very well be able to manipulate the waves into something fearsome (and if he could, Aion would certainly find himself in a world of trouble.) He only knew from experience: insults drove others away. And the only company he wished for at the moment was Eros’.

@Reichenbach what why, he’s horrible hahaha
maybe reich can kick some manners back into him??

Messages In This Thread
no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-09-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-10-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-11-2017, 12:41 AM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-15-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 07-16-2017, 01:14 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Reichenbach - 07-31-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: no more alone or myself could I be - by Aion - 08-02-2017, 08:17 PM