Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in the back of my mind

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kalae

oh, how the ghost of you clings

It's sad.
When I think back to everything that has happened, my heart breaks into small pieces. It feels like I'm being pierced with every image of my losses that crosses in front of my eyes. I'm glad that I moved on, but a part of me aches for the herd I grew up with. The small grove that was huddled against the rocky cliffs with a view of the foamy ocean that greeted my every morning. The warmth coming from my family on cold nights and the comfort they brought when I cozied up to them. I even missed my sister right now. Even though I blamed her for what happened to my father, for his heartbreak, I still felt like I needed her. She is my twin, and the thought of her disappearance brought fresh tears to my eyes...

The image of standing over the ocean again drove her. To feel the wind and taste the salt, that is all she craved for in that moment. Her legs were achy and she sniffled from the remains of a cold. The journey was long, but she finally made it. It's been almost a year since she said goodbye to her whole world and started walking. She had met the most interesting figures as she traveled from one land to another. The things she has seen and experienced. The world she came from was magical, but it was nothing compared to the enchanting things that she witnessed. Creatures she has never even heard of before. Giant, scaled lizards that dominated the sky and rained down fire with every breath. Elusive sea monsters that glowed brightly in the depths of the saltwater they called home. Beings that were more god-like then mortal. 

She experienced fear and happiness, horror and love. She heard folktales and danced in squares, spent stolen moments in the shadows with handsome strangers. All in all, she had a busy year. 

Still, she was alone.

She made friends, sure, but no one compares to the family that she missed. She still searched for her sister everywhere she wandered. Now, she almost had given up hope. Will she ever find Kamea?

She had come to this realm with the hope to finally start her own life. Sure, the past year had been hers, and the memories are fresh in her mind, but she was on a mission then. Now, she wants to start to forget her past and her pain. Now is her time. She had chosen this court for their values and kindness. It was everything she felt in her own heart. The honesty and the simplicity that was shared to her was warm and inviting, and even though she had never felt the pull of religion, the ideology of Vespera had seduced her. She wanted to learn more about this world, and the people who called it home. They are her new family now.

At this moment, she had hiked to the precipice of the cliffs. The winding trail was steep and rocky, and her small frame felt the tiredness that it beat into her. But, as she peered into the distance, it was all worth it. Her entire journey and her exhaustion melted away as the spray of salt and misty air blew into her. The day was almost at a close, and the sky had lit up in a fantasy of purples and reds. Wispy clouds moved across the sky and gulls called out. Waves could be heard crashing below where she stood. And a peace flooded her heart and emptied her mind. Her eyes closed, and a deep sigh expanded her lungs and released a pent up tension she didn't know was there. 

This is what I needed. The smell of salt and foam washed away my anxiety and fears. With my eyes closed, it was almost like I was back home. I could almost hear the sweet sounds of my mother calling me for dinner. My father laughing as he played with my sister...and Kamea...her quiet voice telling me to save her from the pretend monsters. Even though she was older by almost thirty minutes, she would always let me be the knight in shining armor. I was the rescuer because I was stronger. I have this pain and hatred in my heart, Sister. But God, how I miss you. 

Messages In This Thread
in the back of my mind - by Kalae - 10-06-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Marisol - 10-06-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Kalae - 10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Marisol - 10-13-2019, 05:06 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Kalae - 10-13-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Marisol - 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM