Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in the back of my mind

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kalae

there's a story in her eyes

Oh, boy. This lady makes my stomach flutter. Marisol...I've heard that name. Where have I heard that name...?

She let out a long breath, unsure of how long she had been holding it. Barely a few seconds but the time spent looking at the tall mare before she looked back seemed to drag on forever. Pleasant introductions were exchanged as she introduced herself. Marisol is a pretty name, and vaguely familiar, although Kalae wasn't sure where she had heard it. She tried racking her brain to make herself remember, casting her gaze downward in attempt to squeeze the memory out, but it didn't work. Of course it didn't. As of late, it seemed like her normal intelligence has dwindled. She was probably just exhausted, but it seemed like the further away she wandered from home, the more clumsy she became.

Her smile faltered with the question presented to her. Why is she here? The most honest answer was to escape her pain, start over and if she had managed to find her twin, to punch her in her face. Or, rather, kick her in her face. That answer almost spilled out of her. She just wanted to vent to someone, to let go of all of her frustration in one go and scream. But, that wasn't ladylike. It's not proper to scream and cry and tell strangers about just how broken she felt inside. Instead, she tossed her locks from her eyes and put on a brave face. "I'm, uh, looking for something new. Something exciting, though I'm not sure what it is yet. All I know is, I've been travelling a lot lately and I haven't been very stable. I'm going to change that."

There, that was strong sounding wasn't it? I'm a rough and go adventurer who is ready to lay down some roots and I'm going to reach my goals despite any obstacle in my way. God, I hope that is how I am coming across...Just don't cry, Kalae. This...Marisol...doesn't know about Kamea and probably doesn't care. Keep it to yourself for now and just play it cool.

She cleared her throat, choking down a fresh wave of loneliness. At least her spines seemed to have simmered down. She cast a glance backwards, shifting slightly to hide them as they slowly deflated. It is sometimes embarrassing when they pop up. She was always easy to startle and they put on quite the show when she was younger. "Plus, I've heard really interesting things about this place. Not just this court, but this whole...world. It's different then where I'm from. Sure, we had different tribes, but no one from there is quite like the people I've met here. Different courts built around different Gods. Its fascinating. I hope I can fit in. Just got to keep telling myself that I can do it." Kalae's expression became determined. She will make it here. Kalae is a proud girl, and her perseverance was showing as she declared herself in front of this woman, this part of her new life.

@Marisol excuse her as she rambles. part of her charm :*

Messages In This Thread
in the back of my mind - by Kalae - 10-06-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Marisol - 10-06-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Kalae - 10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Marisol - 10-13-2019, 05:06 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Kalae - 10-13-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: in the back of my mind - by Marisol - 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM