Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] Boogaloo

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

It happens that a hunger can live on in a room unpeopled like an open mouth, like a soundless gasp
He plucks the leaf from her hair and her only response is to stare with jade eyes carved sharp as blades, attention pressed sweetly to his throat. Watching his heart beat at the jugular, wondering at all the heat and glory behind the rhythmic tap-tap tap-tap of his pulse. Feeling a little like dancing to that beat. The only way a predator knows how.

Anandi growls softly, so almost-imperceptibly softly, at the gentle brush of his touch. It’s one of those touches so soft it immediately exists only in memory. She only breaks her stare to watch the leaf float lazily to the ground.

You look… new.” She raises a brow, unimpressed, wondering if there was something else he wanted to say. He steps closer (bold. good.) and says “you smell like the sea.

Anandi could be nice. She should be nice. The alternative was loneliness, which didn’t suit her. So she lets herself laugh, and maybe it’s slightly at his expense but it’s sweet and genuine and he could not ask for much more, not from her. She laughs and she thaws, and the light suddenly seems much warmer, much richer on her sleek silver-grey skin. "You’re right. On both counts, clever boy." Her voice rings with dry amusement.

"Place like this, I'm sure we could find you a fitting prize." As they stand there, she's starting to sweat beneath the fire's hot touch. It is a curious sensation, not one she particularly likes. And the sweat itself, it makes her smell like the rest of them. Like meat, but… maybe a little sweeter. She looks at him with eyes that wonder can you smell my sweetness too? or are your senses too dull, poor clever land boy.

And she smiles, lazy and catlike, tightening the noose. (what noose? Well, when there’s a boy, he always comes with a noose around his neck.) "Care to show me around?" The young mare begins to walk down the gemstone-cobbled streets, stopping after a few feet to look behind her with head tilted expectantly. Not in the practice of waiting, at least not on terms that did not suit her. "I'd love to hear whatever else you can tell me about myself." She smiles so very sweetly.

- - -
@Sterling <3

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] Boogaloo - by Anandi - 10-09-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: [FALL] Boogaloo - by Sterling - 10-13-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: [FALL] Boogaloo - by Anandi - 10-22-2019, 08:35 PM