Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Fall] Whispering goodbyes by moonlight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Her cyan glow was the only bright spot to her, as she stood before the alter, head bowed. Her eyes never wavered however - focused on the two candles that fluttered in the slight breeze, the encouraging wind that seemed to want to blow them out. Bel wouldn't allow it however, and her body shifted to help block the candles, so their flames grew stronger, carrying the smoke in soft spirals up to the heaven, her words whispered softly in that smoke. A silent part of her hoped the smoke would carry her whispers, her plaintiff pleas to the ears of those long gone, that her words might reach her mother and sister.

She had no idea Polar lived, watched over just as she was by their mother from her skyward home in the heavens. Still Bel mourned her sister, her actions that led to Pol's dismissal from the herd, her abandonment to the elements, her perceived death to what ever horrors had waited for her. She should have tried hard, protected her better . . . She should have fought for her sister . . . her sister's life. A quiver raced down Bel's back, her dorsal fin flexing before in a motion that she rarely did, she carefully folded it down, the bars of the fin collapsing one on top of the other until it was flat down her back, the thick fin membrane awkwardly folding in a way it wasn't designed to. The motion was mirrored by her frilled ears laying flat as well, whispering her apologies desperately, even as her eyes appeared to leak water that she no longer noticed.

A sound behind her hardly drew her attention, one ear twitching before dismissing it as someone else heading off to mourn on their own. That was until the heavy hooves carried the being closer to her, to her side, and a muzzle touched her. It was enough to startle her out of her mourning, causing the aquatic mare to suddenly fling her fin back up into place, jumping to the side, a motion that would likely have caused another aquatic raised horse to draw parallels to a lion fish flashing it's fins in an attempt to prove itself as an adversary not worth taking on.

Her alarm diminished as she recognized the voice before the large form. The tenor was gentle, but deep; reassuring just as much as it was familiar. Her gaze turned towards the large beast, her eyes glowing in a way that seemed far more out of this world than it had on the Island. The Island made all things strange seem normal. On normal land, her alien features seemed far more obvious. Are you alright? She blinked at the question, before noting that her eyelashes seemed to briefly stick together with slickness. She rubbed her cheek against one limb, being careful of the scattering of scales on her face that were hidden with in the mass of short, soft fur. "I'm . . . alright." She mumbled before drawing her face from her forelimb, blinking at the wetness, "My . . . eyes are leaking. Is . . . is that normal?" She asked softly in a quiet voice.

Her normal spark was muted, buried down behind grief as she glanced back to the two candles, her eyes watching them burn. Already rivets of wax careened down their sides, encompassing their base. Some rivets were partially covering the scale she'd gently pressed into each of the candles. Her voice started again, more hesitated, "I had to . . . apologize to her. Or, atleast . . . try. I . . . don't know if . . . she would even . . . hear me . . . forgive me." She glanced back at him then, her glowing eyes seeming to mask the emotions hidden with in the cyan hues, "You were surprised . . . when I didn't judge you for your past." She turned back to the candles, her muzzle caressing the smaller of the two, "I cannot judge you . . . for I did something so much worse." She fell silent then, letting the quiet fill the void between her and the large stallion.

The silence seemed to stretch between them as she watched the flame flicker and bend, flaring and dimming as the elements interacted with it. After a long pause, followed by another even larger one; she finally filled the void again with quiet words, "I killed my sister . . . not by my fin, but my actions. I left her . . . the pod left her for dead. She was so little, so young. She'd have never been able to fend of what ever predator smelled her blood . . . . I didn't fight for her like I should have. I let Ice Shard and my father direct my choice. I walked away from her as she begged me to stay. She knew she would die . . . that is what happens to any Treader cast from the Pod. My baby sister . . . . I killed her." She did look at Sol, her gaze held strong on that candle for her sister. Her ears didn't perk towards him, in a way she'd forgotten he was there - realizing she just needed to get the story out.

Finally she comes back to the present, looking back towards him, "How can I judge you for what you did in blind rage, when I killed a loved one. I swam out on her, abandoned her to her death. The pod may have been the jury, but I was her executioner. How can I judge you, when what I did was . . . so, so much worse." In her eyes, her actions were . . . simply . . . unforgiveable.

Thoughts
Speech

Notes: My little darling T.T

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Fall] Whispering goodbyes by moonlight - by Below Zero - 10-15-2019, 01:09 AM