Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Fall] Whispering goodbyes by moonlight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

"I'm . . . alright. My . . . eyes are leaking. Is . . . is that normal?" Sol felt his heart being torn apart by her distress and couldnt stop his steps closer to her. Couldnt help the desire to try to comfort her the best that he could. For a moment, he thought about his flaming hooves and the fact that she was a creature of the water, glad that he couldnt actually burn her with them. "It is so hard to remember that you are from a whole different world. The leaking is tears. It is your body's way of releasing the pain and emotions that it is feeling. A good cry can lighten your heart as you express the pain that you are feeling. It can also come from joy, though not as often." He explained softly, his velvety voice lowered so that he was only speaking to her as his wings on her side stretched out to try to protect her from the wind.

"I had to . . . apologize to her. Or, atleast . . . try. I . . . don't know if . . . she would even . . . hear me . . . forgive me. You were surprised . . . when I didn't judge you for your past. I cannot judge you . . . for I did something so much worse." Sol pulled her close, not believing for a second that the warm hearted mare beside him could ever do anything worse than he did. "Nothing you could do would cause me to damn you or think any less of you. I have seen the warm heart within your aquatic self." Her said softly, golden eyes warm as he gazed at her.

"I killed my sister . . . not by my fin, but my actions. I left her . . . the pod left her for dead. She was so little, so young. She'd have never been able to fend of what ever predator smelled her blood . . . . I didn't fight for her like I should have. I let Ice Shard and my father direct my choice. I walked away from her as she begged me to stay. She knew she would die . . . that is what happens to any Treader cast from the Pod. My baby sister . . . . I killed her." Sol's heart broke for the despair in her voice. "The blame for that doesnt rest on your shoulders. Your choice was made for you. This Ice Shard and your father are the ones with blood on their hooves. Some traditions are not worth keeping, but changing the hearts of those that hold traditions like they are sacred orders from a God can be hard. You were given no choice." He vowed softly, though there was lingering anger at the stallions that had made the order and forced Bel to tear out her own heart in the process. This mare was clearly broken in some aspect by it and all he wanted to do was find her pod and make them pay for the pain that they had put her though.

"How can I judge you for what you did in blind rage, when I killed a loved one. I swam out on her, abandoned her to her death. The pod may have been the jury, but I was her executioner. How can I judge you, when what I did was . . . so, so much worse."  Sol shook his head. "The crimes you claim as your own are the crimes of another. It is difficult to disobey those higher in leadership than yourself. If you had fought, perhaps you would have been left for a predator as well... or worse. Either way, you may not have been able to save your sister, even by staying. I do understand your pain though. The loss of any loved one is difficult and when you are forced to allow them to be left behind... That is unthinkable cruelty from those that are making you choose such a fate." It was definitely easy to pick up his fury at the pod that had abused her, at least in his mind. The massive ebony stallion wanted nothing more than the complete destruction of her pod and those that had hurt her. Bottling up his rage, he forced calm to descend in his heart and to allow him to care for and comfort the distraught mare beside him. She may believe that her actions were worse, but so did he. He was not forced to attack, but attacked in a fit of rage. She was forced away from her obviously beloved sister by those that didnt care for her pain.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: Oh my heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Fall] Whispering goodbyes by moonlight - by Sol Bestiam - 10-15-2019, 02:24 PM