Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Fall] The Maze Watches

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The little doe didn't like scary, not the intentionally scary - not the 'let's dress up horribly and make you encounter terrifying things. All for someone's sick enjoyment. When the male spoke, her gaze turned up to him, wrinkling her nose when he spoke that people liked, even lived for the fear and shock, a challenge to make it through, and those creating them a challenge to not let the other's achieve. "Sounds like the both need new hobbies." She muttered dryly. Her fear had subsided, her shaking had diminished to near nothingness. Even her heart beat at a less frantic rhythm (even if still slightly elevated.) She glanced back up at him when he spoke again, and at his comment of making even seasoned explorers scream in fright, she huffed and knocked her smaller shoulder into his.

But when she described what she had seen - or imagined - in the costume of the fellow deep in the maze, even Coy seemed to shudder, staring down at her when he promised that he'd never seen such a creature in this realm, even willingly pledging to protect her if one should show. Her gaze lowered slightly, but her form shifted, leaning against him slightly, still taking comfort and strenght from his solid form next to hers, "If one showed up, it'd probably not even notice me this time . . . not with out my magic." Her smile was sad, "It's why they hunted us, Disirax can't produce their own magic, so they'd steal it from us to feed themselves, to create for themselves. With out my magic, they probably wouldn't even notice me." Though if her magic was still buried inside her like she suspected, she doubted they'd ignore that. She'd been powerful in her time, with her magic at her beck and call . . . . she hoped some day it'd be like that again.

She was starting to gather herself, pulling herself back into order, at least until he went from being sweet and caring back to the Coy that drove her insane. At his words she huffed, shooting him a cool look and pulling away from his side, her delicate hooves dancing her out of his reach, "Don't go getting cocky, you surprise me, and you might get stabbed again - twice even. And wouldn't you know it, I might even ignore your cries of pain and distress as you lay wounded. Don't sass me Coy." Of course it was all a bluff, but she hoped he wouldn't call her on it, "Or maybe I'll shoot you with an arrow instead - change it up!" As if to punctuate her point, her quiver and bow began to glow the delicate green of her telekinetic powers, eyeing him with faux judgement, "Is it really worth the threat to your ego at a bruised or broken hide - just to see if you taking me by surprise will give you . . . or someone else the cuddles when the shock wears out?" She stated hauntingly . . . . although even as she said it, she had to admit it - snuggling into his side hadn't been too bad . . .

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
[Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-10-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 12-06-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-14-2020, 08:49 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Callynite - 02-16-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: [Fall] The Maze Watches - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-21-2020, 12:10 AM