Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - LAY ME TO REST

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Orestes

I AM ALONE IN THIS WORLD, BUT NOT SO ALONE AS TO MAKE EACH HOUR HOLY, I AM TOO SMALL IN THIS WORLD, BUT NOT TINY ENOUGH TO JUST STAND BEFORE YOU LIKE A THING, DARK AND SHREWD.

Orestes, in part, expects the girl to be anxious or fearful. When he realises this is not the case, whatever concerns he had that she had been wandering for ages are banished. She cannot have been in the desert long, and he is relieved. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Anemone.” There is something familiar about her introduction, although Orestes is unsure what it is. Orestes cannot help but smile at her arial display. 

He nearly comments on it, but Anemone’s girlish excitement leads to several questions. The Sovereign’s smile only broadens as he turns and begins to walk in the direction of the Court. “It is not so far… a few miles, is all.” 

In the desert, the distance could seem much farther than first anticipated. The sand has a way of wearying muscles; and the heat has a way of magnifying distance. She begins to ask questions, and Orestes laughs softly. “It is not much to look at, I suppose. But its austerity is what makes it beautiful. You will see. Everything is gold. There are some banners, and we are not as festive as the other courts when it comes to decorations. There has been some adjustment after Raum’s rule.” 

Orestes descends a dune, and trots up the other side. The capitol is not quite within sight, but Orestes knows it will be soon. “What Court are you from, Anemone? Your name sounds familiar.” Orestes finds himself enjoying her company and youthful optimism. Solis knows he has not seen much of it, in recent weeks. 

Pimrsi @ deviant art.com

@Anemone

Messages In This Thread
LAY ME TO REST - by Anemone - 10-15-2019, 11:31 AM
RE: LAY ME TO REST - by Orestes - 10-20-2019, 02:23 PM
RE: LAY ME TO REST - by Anemone - 10-23-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: LAY ME TO REST - by Orestes - 01-06-2020, 11:36 AM