Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - snakes & honey

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vendetta

You should see me in a crown, I'm gonna run this nothing town.
Vendetta knows this path through the canyons like she knows the emptiest and darkest alleyways in the Solterra proper. It was one of her Scorpions who had initially discovered the small, hidden hut, long abandoned. They had done a little fixing up to make it livable for Lucinda, but she had been quite easy to please on that front as long as it is not easy to get to and well concealed.

As she approaches, she can see the distinct glow of the other woman’s magic: bright and saturated green. She must be working on the enchantment of a necklace Vendetta had sent out here somewhat recently. It was one of the more simple enchantments the Scorpions takes on, but when you do work like this there is very little competition for such things. But the more complex enchantments are the ones that keep her interest.

Once she is upon the hut, Lucinda seems to notice her presence and turns toward her, abandoning the project of the necklace. Her interest is piqued at the mention of the woman’s intent on sending a raven for her. “About as well as it ever does out here,” she responds, “although things certainly are interesting with that new Orestes about... Yourself?” Vendetta is still waiting to see if he has what it takes to be Solterra’s king. She's unconvinced thus far.

Rather than continue to talk about him, however, she pulls a bag from behind her and holds it in the space between herself and Lucinda. It jingles slightly with the sound of metal clinking together, “Have you forgotten that today is the day you reap your financial reward from the Scorpions?” Vendetta is nothing if not a fair employer, and for the important work that the enchantress does for them, pays her quite handsomely.

What Lucinda does with the money, she can’t possibly know. It certainly isn’t fixing up this drab place.

Her ruby eyes get a bit of a gleam to them, even in the din as she turns her thoughts back to earlier mentions of ravens and fetching. “What were you intending to call on me for?” She hopes it’s something that the unicorn will actually benefit from knowing. Some information, or item. It certainly wasn’t going to be to let her know that the enchantment on the necklace was complete. So, she has to wonder then, what is it?

“Speaking.”
Watch me make them bow, one by one by one.
credits | @Lucinda

Messages In This Thread
snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 10-20-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 10-29-2019, 10:21 AM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 11-03-2019, 12:40 AM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 11-25-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 11-29-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 01-14-2020, 03:21 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 02-01-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 02-27-2020, 11:32 AM