Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - snakes & honey

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lucinda

Lucinda feels indifferent when Vendetta brings up talk of her new king. The woman has not aligned herself with any of Novus' Courts since her arrival and prefers to keep it this way. In her own way, she enjoys solitude and independence, but still remains loyal to The Moors. While they may be destroyed by now, that had been her home and the only family or kingdom she would pledge herself to.

"Ah yes, your King," she replies, her tone not showing any particular feeling on the topic. "I have heard some things about this man from the sea. Good luck with that. As for me, I am enjoying the freedom of having no ties to a Court." She laughs (a hint of mockery, perhaps?).

Although, she did not want the Solterran woman here to talk about the newly appointed Sovereign. First, Lu gladly accepted the money that Ven handed out to her. It made a beautiful clinking noise as the coins shuffled in the bag while she set it off to the side. "Oh, I assure you, I never forget," she replies with a wicked smile. Ven keeps her word in offering her protection, solitude, but most importantly, generous payment for her work. Should that ever change, Lucinda would take proper action without hesitation.

"I was to call for you for information," Lu begins, focusing all her attention now on the rose red woman. To some, she may look intimidating with her two large curled horns, but Lucinda does not scare easily.

"You were there with me on the island during the battle for the relic," she explains, thinking back to that very day. The large crowd gathered quickly, hovering over the relic like hungry wild beasts. Before anyone could get close, a snake creature had erupted from the ground to attack them all. It thinned the crowd down until there were only a few left by the end. She does not recall Vendetta being at that point and didn't exactly know where the woman had gone. "Everything disappeared including the island and the relic." Lu had been so close, so, so close to touching the stone. She had a complete straight shot forward to grab it, but she had been whisked away by an unknown force. Within a matter of seconds, she found herself back on the island and it was crumbling to pieces. Now it's at the bottom of the ocean and there is no trace of the relic or who may have gotten it (if anyone). The chase had so many twists and turns, there is technically nothing saying that the entire thing hadn't been a dream or illusion.

"What do you know about this?" she asks curiously. She is careful not to sound too accusing because she does not need to risk losing her source of income (at least, not yet). It's more in a way of her knowing that Ven has her connections and she wants to find out how deep they may go. If the woman has heard anything lately with the relic's whereabouts, she hopes she would disclose them. Otherwise, she hopes Ven can work her magic to find out for her so Lu does not have to get her hooves too dirty.

@Vendetta

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 10-20-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 10-29-2019, 10:21 AM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 11-03-2019, 12:40 AM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 11-25-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 11-29-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 01-14-2020, 03:21 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Lucinda - 02-01-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: snakes & honey - by Vendetta - 02-27-2020, 11:32 AM