Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you left me to die at troy

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

He couldn't know how far from the reality of what her people were in his thoughts, and of course with the facade he wore, how would she know too tell him, of the story of the aquatic horses of the see - the ones that live peacefully and just struggle to survive, the aliens that can't seem to find peace even on a new planet. She didn't know yet that dangers can live in equine form as well yet. Perhaps she would learn soon. Instead she watches him turn towards her, her cyan gaze watching with caution, a reserved state not typically seen from the bubbly treader. The rain chilled her, but she couldn't help but wonder if in a bright and sunny day, if she'd still feel the chill in this greeting.

And then his mouth softens, a smile that's not there but could have been. For some reason she feels like she's caught in the stare of a shark, fine tuned warning symbols are clanging together in her head, derived from generations of treaders forced to tell friend from foe fast, both on this planet and on her original. But he's just another horse, he's certainly not a shark. She represses the urge to ask him to prove he doesn't have rows and rows of sharp, triangular teeth. She wrongly decides to take things at face value, however, and as he speaks, she smiled gently, a soft shake of her head, "Oh, don't be mistaken, please. I adore this kind of cool weather. It's not as cold as I'd like, but it's the promise of colder weather being brought on the next wave." She states conversationally - and it's true. Winter was just around the corner, it would arrive before she was aware.

Still, her gaze awkwardly dropped, both sets, as he pointed out her fins and gills, her eyes; as if trying to state something more than just being a long way from home with them. There was a sea just over the next few hills, couldn't she have come from that reef. It was the first time since arriving at Novus that she could feel a distinct sense of discomfort at her dual nature. She hadn't thought to worry about that before - not beyond the need to quickly assure those alarmed that she was not of a kelpie origin. "Vapor Treaders are born of a dual nature, however. I have gills, but also lungs. Fins, but also legs." She doesn't defend her eyes. They aren't a mark of this world, they're an aspect from where her people came from - of her alien heritage she was just learning to accept.

She was a creature built in duality. Of sea, and on land. But standing with him, she couldn't help but feel like the difference spanned larger than a thousand leagues. Still she tried to be friendly, her smile gentle, her expression sincere. She wore her heart on her sleeve, and now it was no different. His head tossed back, towards the rain, and she followed his gaze up at it - not an ounce of predatory instinct to draw her eyes to his throat, instead her gaze watched that rain he'd indicated to as he spoke of going to the city - even offering her to accompany him. She smiled faintly, "I know where Denocte's center is, I just left the festivities for a bit myself. The bonfires are a bit over bearing, and the crowds a touch suffocating." Her smiled softened with melancholy, "The chance to walk through the rain seemed far more welcoming . . ." Her expression suddenly shifted, a wince as she recognized that could be taken in rudeness, and she was quickly attempting to back track, "Not that I'm saying I won't accompany you if you really wish it! I'm so sorry, if that sounded dismissive, it really wasn't intended to be!" She said with wide eyed earnestness, her expression dismayed at the thought of an unintentional dismissal of what could be fair company.

She should have listened to caution, instead she has accepted his smile, even if she's keeping her distance.

Thoughts
Speech

@Vercingtorix

Notes: Poor girl has no idea what she's gotten into.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
you left me to die at troy - by Vercingtorix - 10-22-2019, 01:46 PM
RE: you left me to die at troy - by Below Zero - 10-22-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: you left me to die at troy - by Vercingtorix - 10-22-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: you left me to die at troy - by Below Zero - 10-22-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: you left me to die at troy - by Vercingtorix - 10-23-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: you left me to die at troy - by Below Zero - 10-23-2019, 08:16 PM