Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - they dredged icarus up from the sea today

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi
She’ll cause you never no trouble
And she’ll tell you no lies

T
here is a voice that whispers to me when I am alone.

It calls me outcast, beautiful, traitor.

It is the voice of my friends, my parents, their parents. My guardians.

I often wonder if it is always wrong or always wrong. Seldom are we one or the other; gray is the heather of my coat, the silver in my hair that sings in the moonlight. I sing in the moonlight. The land of night invites me to do it and so I do. I would do it anyway.

He is black and the gold in his coat sings in the firelight. He is very large and most certainly a warrior. I wonder if he black is painted on.

”Is this your home, dancer?” 

She wonders what sort of people go around asking questions like that without so much as a nod of the head, a greeting, or some manner of introduction. She does not worry about it. He is very close to her.

”Anywhere can be my home, stranger.”

His face softens and she wonders if the harshness of it had been the light and the stark midnight that fell across him. She does not know the answer.

”Do you teach others to dance?”

She wonders how Eik is doing. He did not stand out among her pupils, no, but Isra still rules this land and she wonders if he is still at her side, when all the other kings left their thrones.

”Sometimes, for the right price.” She winks at him but it is not flirtatious. It could be, but its promises are calculated and openly so. Currency comes in many forms. ”Perhaps if you tell me about a world you have seen that is not here…then I may teach you a dance from a place that is not here.”

VercingtorixThe Cuckoo Bird | "speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
RE: they dredged icarus up from the sea today - by Mesnyi - 10-22-2019, 09:50 PM