Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - they dredged icarus up from the sea today

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi
as the weeping willow

H
e offers as little as she does, if not less. Torix; a closed book. The stallion has poor balance, for a warrior, she thinks; is war not a violent dance of its own? Should the dancer and the soldier not have the same suppleness, the same strength, only executed differently? She flinches as he slams his hooves to the ground; he still threatens her with his somethingness

”Yes, just like that.”Mesnyi says, softly, placidly, though her surface was briefly disturbed and all traces of fear must now retreat back to their burrows. 

”Do your people go to many worlds?” he asks.

She smiles, real and true. ”Oh, yes. We have seen countless worlds, some of us more than others. I have seen but a few compared to an elder sister of mine….” The lavender mare trails off, thinking of she who would leave her family to be free. The Benevolent were often the same in that piece of origin. 

She sighs, wistful. ”I was born in a sylvan glade, a haven for…broken children and their mothers. They would not abandon their foals and so they lived there. My mother and father were born there, both wrongly made and cast out. I was born perfect.” There is no other way to say it, she thinks. Mesnyi was not merely normal, she was perfect when held against most creatures. It was said as truth, not vain bluster. ”I did not belong, and when the Benevolent came they treated me like one of their own. I loved my parents, but I had to leave them. I am happier for it. But that is all I know of that world, Torix. Forest canopy and sunshine is all it will ever be to me. If I returned to it, I doubt I would even know.” A sadness trickles out of her and she casts her gaze upon the firelight, hoping against hope that it will burn away her sorrows. 

Vercingtorix | "speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
RE: they dredged icarus up from the sea today - by Mesnyi - 01-27-2020, 11:34 PM