Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Sky Ocean is Flooding!

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
'Til there's nothing left standing, nothing left of yesterday
Every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away,
They say knowledge over something that scares you can make it seem less terrifying in the moment - but for the Treader, much of the situation with this rainstorm wasn't making enough since to utilize that method of lessening the fear-factor it produced. But, knowing it wasn't a monster ready to drown the earth eased her thoughts a little bit. The storm, even if not an individual seemed so angry to the young dual-nationality creature. She tilted her head when he repeated her question back, his gaze turning to the sky. Bel followed his gazing, hoping for some more insight to this 'storm' he was explaining to her.

And then he named something, personifying it. Mother Nature. Who was this mother nature? Why would this be her outlet? Bel's eyes widened for a moment, staring at the stallion in something akin to nervousness, "M-mother Nature, you say? Is that . . . a person?" Nature, like the earth, "Is she like the Poseidon of the land?" Poseidon, Bel knew little about the concept beyond it was a borrowed term from . . . before. The word for the personification of the oceans, to explain why things would change in them. In the old stories, of the virus that destroyed the planet her people supposed to have come from - Poseidon had grown angry about something and released the Virus to destroy the planet. Was this Mother Nature like that - did that mean she might one day destroy this land as well?

The stallion continued to speak, suggesting that no one might know what is great enough to anger this Mother Nature. Did she need to even have a reason to be angry though? If she were meant to be a powerful being - did she need excuses to let emotions run wild? The stallion then turned the subject and Bel quickly claimed it and spoke of where she came from, of the ocean depths. She tilted her head when he spoke of seeing coral in the shallows in small doses, and nodded lightly, a slight smile touching her face before it was wrenched away with a flinch from another bolt of the 'lightning'. "Er, yes . . . it is incredible beneath the waves. Some reefs are filled with colors that stretch further than they eyes can see. And the fish that swim shine with their own vibrant colors. Kind of like the . . . the flowers that can grow in meadows - long expanse of colors of varying degrees and hues. But beneath the waves, they coat everything from the fish and their fins, to the rocks and coral, and the vegetation below..

He questioned her of the hidden kingdoms, adding a desire for wings and fins to see everything there was to see. Bel's smile returned, "There is much that the sea has claimed, forgotten cities and relics of times lost. Once the sea decides it wants something, it pulls it to its' depths. The underwater roads I've trotted are full of aquatic life, it's like another world." Her gaze turned far away, an almost soft smile touching her muzzle, "The elders of my pod however, they say the place our people escaped from had wonders you couldn't even imagine. Creatures off odd designs and colors, plants you'd never believe were real. And at night . . . the world . . . it glowed." And if the elders were to indeed be believed, that place was among the stars, another planet far from this one.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Atlaas
Notes:: Eep! I almost lost this one - I forget to check my main account for tags - feel free to Tag Bel's account directly <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 10-22-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 10-30-2019, 09:47 AM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Atlaas - 11-02-2019, 01:39 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 11-17-2019, 01:41 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Atlaas - 11-19-2019, 07:48 PM
RE: The Sky Ocean is Flooding! - by Below Zero - 12-07-2019, 06:34 PM